“Great view, lots to look at”
Review of Hogan's Beach - CLOSED

Hogan's Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by our visit. Sat outside and enjoyed the band while the kids had plenty to watch with folks playing volleyball and being right on the bay. Great service and decent food. Fish tacos were tasty, though the chips and salsa were just OK. Would go back!

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to eat outside we wanted that vacation feel and we got it.
We got there about 6pm and the place wasn't busy . We wanted to sit outside so we had about a 10 min wait. Our waitress waited on us right away got us drinks took our order and was ver pleasant. I ordered the Grouper sandwich. It was very good. My husband had a hamburger as did my son . They were both happy with the food. I can't complain about anything . It was good. It was also what I expected for a tourist trap. But like I said it was what we were looking for. Fun simple food and a cold beer and great view. We got it all.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I were staying next door at the best western, so we wandered over for a nice dinner. Food and the view were great, however it took almost an hour to get the check. I realize places get busy, but it was pretty bad and never heard " sorry to make you wait".
Next night wanted a pizza to take back to the room, so we walked down to order and grab a drink. Waitress at the front desk area took the order and said it would be 10-15 minutes. We had a drink and checked out the beach area. Came back around 30 min later, no pizza ready and no one knew what happened to it...long story short after an hour it was ready. Manager made it right and apologized only after I complained to the waitress. No sense of care or urgency among some of the staff, only the bar/party area is the focal point.
Good for drinks but go to a grown up restaurant if you expect good service, not this place.

3  Thank Helpyhelperson
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The worst place I ever ate! A typical tourist trap. Had to wait for a table about 40 min. The staff was rude and really ignored us.
When we got our table it was by the bar area and so loud we couldn't talk. My friend's wife and I ordered burgers well done. They both came raw, sent them back and came raw again. The table behind us sent theirs back 3 times and always came back raw. Our server was upset with us for making her take them back. We ended up not eating and had them taken off the bill. The husbands had seafood tacos that were ok but nothing special. We couldn't get out of there fast enough and ended up going through a McDonalds drive thru.
Stay away. Even the decor was tacky and old.

3  Thank nurse1sue
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice restaurant and very active. In the water with great views. Even a few sand volleyball leagues. Great for a few cocktails. The food however, well not so great. A dressed up menu and inside of the restaurant don't make up for the poor quality of food. Wouldn't eat here again - but would stop to meet friends here for a few drinks and nothing but limited appetizers. The main courses are pretty below average.

Casual and fun - active and festive. Just not appetizing.