“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We visit red Hogans whilst in a visit to St Petes Beach. My Husband is a wrestling fan and I have to say I was not expecting much.
We went here for lunch on a Friday. The restaurant is attached to a hotel so there is plenty of parking.
There is lots of memorabilia to see which pleased my husband. Everything is in red and yellow, hogans signature colours.
I have to say the service was good , the menu varied and very reasonable. I had a salad with blackened salmon. We ate in many places during our 2 week stay but this was by far my favourite meal. The salmon was melt in the mouth. I would recommend a visit and if we had been staying nearer we would have gone back.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I really hoped the bad reviews of this place were inaccurate. However they are true. Whilst the staff are friendly the place seems to be run chaotically. Okay. On the day there was a water leak in the kitchen so after they brought our food they stopped serving. But the feeling we got prior is the more negative reviews were a truer representation unfortunately. Food was brought to us missing parts of what it should come with and when we asked for this to be brought to us, it took forever. The actual food quality (we had breakfast) was average at best. I had the eggs benedict which were okay, but my wifes omlette was terrible. Food presentation was bad, but I am unsure if this was due to this leak in the kitchen. Regardless we unfortunately will not be returning. Sorry Hulk.

1  Thank BigSkotters
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hostess seated us outside right next to the water which was great. She forgot the menu's and silverware and said she would be right back. Ten minutes later she showed up with the silverware but no menu's and didn't stay long enough to ask us if we would like something to drink. Another 10-15 minutes went by with no appearance from her and the place wasn't that busy. I went to the reception desk and asked for a manager. A very nice man asked me what the problem was and I explained it to him. He went out to our table and grabbed us a waitress. He apologized and said our first round of drinks were on him. The waitress took our drink and food orders and brought our drinks right away. After that she disappeared again. We were ready to walk out and she finally showed up with our food which was really good. There wasn't any delay in getting our bill to us but we were charged for the round of drinks. I explained to her that they were "comped" by the manager and she gave me the old deer in the headlights stare. I told her to take the bill to the manager and have it corrected which she finally did. Really good food but I'll never be back.

1  Thank garyDallas_Tx
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I went here once when they did not have a valet parking charge and it was in the afternoon so we did not pay a cover. Awful food ,awful service and just a tourist trap. Weak drinks too, I might add. I miss Crabby Bills, far superior in every way. It was a nice neighborhood bar, taken over by greedy people. 5 dollars for valet parking for a freaking sports bar? Give me a break. I called to inquire if they still ha the valet charge and the lady that answered lied. She said it was out of their control and done by Best Western. I called Best Western right back and they told me the charge is from Hogans. Do not go to these scheming, uncaring POS'es.

2  Thank Tampabayallstar
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This restaurant has a most unusual decor----or perhaps decors.
Looks like a Celebrity Memorial with a collection of Hulk Hogan memorabilia and huge photos
Looks Chinese with bamboo chair rails, black topped tables, red chairs and giant fish tank
Looks Disco with multi colored hanging ceiling lamps and disco ball
Looks Sports Bar with over 20 large screen TVs
Looks Beach House with outdoor dining and great views
Looks like a Seafood Restaurant with a primarily seafood Menu
Perhaps note was taken of previous Reviews because I ate inside on a Saturday night and both the large group of 20 and solitary diners were served well and the food was served at the appropriate temperature. The friendliness of the staff was noticeable. There was a range of food and prices to suit all budgets. Cocktails were $8.90.
I would go there again! The chairs were really comfortable!