“Olde World Sailing, no better way to enjoy Tampa Bay”

Olde World Sailing Line
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sail with us as we pay tribute to the grand age of seafaring. Experience "First Class" service and exquisite cuisine on a 44’ classic blue water yacht. Half-day, full day, sunset or custom voyages daily from Tampa. Entertain visiting guests, special clients, or treat yourself. Whether a relaxing afternoon at sea, a romantic onboard dinner at sunset, or an inspiring full moon adventure cruise, you will create memories that will last a lifetime. Olde World Sailing Line is proud to be named "2015 Best Local Cruise" by the prestigious Tampa Bay Magazine in their annual "Best of Tampa Bay" issue.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my second cruise and I've already booked a third. We had a wonderful sail and Jim and Kathy are the most gracious hosts. You're sailing with friends when you're on the Lionheart - a very relaxed atmosphere and relaxing time. You never feel like a tourist, you truly feel like pampered guests in their home. Today we were treated to Roseate Spoonbills, great sailing winds, a tasty buffet of cheese, crackers, chocolates, and all manner of refreshments, bright blue skies and even some rigging lessons.

There are newer reviews for Olde World Sailing Line

Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you are even thinking about sailing on the Lionhart - don't hesitate for even a moment or you could miss the day of a lifetime. From the minute you board the Lionhart and meet Kathy and Jim, you know you are in for something special- Jim makes sure you are safe and Kathy makes sure you are pampered. They were wonderful, interesting, and talented hosts. Gliding along Bayshore was so beautiful but when Kathy arrived on deck and began playing the harp, it was paradise. We never expected sailing to be so peaceful and rejuvenating. The sailing, snacks, service, music, and hosts were all extraordinary. If you have the chance to sail with Kathy and Jim on the Lionhart, go for it-you will have a great time and great memories.

James M, Owner at Olde World Sailing Line, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Kathy and I thoroughly enjoyed sailing with you guys and were privileged to help build a memorable birthday celebration. Thank you so much for choosing Olde World Sailing Line. Great weather, smiling dolphins, and exciting people - doesn't get any better! We deeply appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

On 2/17/13 we had an awesome experience with Jim and Kathy on the Lionheart. The weather was cooler but the company was very warm. We felt like we were with friends. The Music was wonderful. We will definitely go sailing on the Lionheart again.

James M, Owner at Olde World Sailing Line, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed sailing with you. So sorry for the cold day - the coldest this year yet, I think! But I can't remember when I've seen a clearer sky and brighter sunshine. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - much appreciated. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was by far the best experience I have had on a boat yet. Jim and Kathy are five star hosts and are a great, knowledgeable couple to be with. The weather was amazing, the music was stellar, and the sunset was breathtaking. Even those minor things were taken into account, such as angling the boat towards the sunset as my better half and I lounged up front. We were catered too as if we were royalty. We even had the joy of a dolphin escort! I can't even begin to explain how amazing the whole experience was. I'm from the Tampa area and this was such a blast! You don't have to be an out-of-towner to enjoy this amazing experience. I recommend a sail on the glorious Lionheart with Jim and Kathy McManus to anyone!

We appreciate so much your very kind words. You guys were a joy and we loved every minute of it! Your cruise was very special for us as well, with the huge pod of dolphins that accompanied us for about a half hour - awesome! You definitely brought Lionheart luck! Hope to see you all soon on a return trip.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to sail on the Lionheart and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The crew..Jim and Kathy, were knowledgeable and accommodating. They provided a great time for my first sailing adventure. I enjoyed some snacks and learned a bit about sailing. I definitely recommend Olde World Sailing for a unique experience.