“Ideal Way to Spend the Afternoon!”

Olde World Sailing Line
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sail with us as we pay tribute to the grand age of seafaring. Experience "First Class" service and exquisite cuisine on a 44’ classic blue water yacht. Half-day, full day, sunset or custom voyages daily from Tampa. Entertain visiting guests, special clients, or treat yourself. Whether a relaxing afternoon at sea, a romantic onboard dinner at sunset, or an inspiring full moon adventure cruise, you will create memories that will last a lifetime. Olde World Sailing Line is proud to be named "2015 Best Local Cruise" by the prestigious Tampa Bay Magazine in their annual "Best of Tampa Bay" issue.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Ideal Way to Spend the Afternoon!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I had the chance to spend an afternoon on the Lionheart. We left the stress and cares of every day life behind and entered a simpler time. You can turn off your cell phone and bask in the sights, sounds and smells of the water. So relaxing and fun. Saw gorgeous homes, lots of boats, huge cruise ships and tranquil waters as we sailed around the Tampa Bay area. Captain Jim and Kathy were perfect shipmates and hosts. They provided food, wine, sightseeing info and even a harp performance by talented Kathy. Would highly recommend the experience.

Visited December 2012

tampa, florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sunset Sailing in January”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Only in Florida can you sail in January. Saturday I had the great pleasure of doing a sunset cruise on the 44ft sailboat "Lionheart". You are so at peace when you are out in the open water. Jim and Kathryn provided a memorable experience that I will definitely take again. Captain Mac and Kathryn enlightened us with their knowledge of sailing. If you are looking for a "special" night with a loved one or just hanging with great friends, it's well worth it.

Visited January 2013
James M, Owner at Olde World Sailing Line, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words - we're so glad you enjoyed your sunset cruise. You guys made the trip equally fun for Kathy and I.
“#1 Sailing Experience in Tampa!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Lionheart sailing is THE premiere sailing choice in Tampa Bay! Captain Mac and Kathryn know how to host the most fun and relaxing event you can imagine. We participated in a unique sunset sail and sipped mimosas, enjoyed sea shanty tunes and a harp, while watching the most beautiful sunset on the west coast of FL. Do yourself a favor - book a trip now to celebrate a special occasion or a special moment. It will be a great memory for a lifetime! Thank you for giving us such a great time!!

All of your smiles made my day! I'm so glad the dolphins showed up to say "hi" to you and help escort us toward the sunset. Deep appreciation for your review.
Tampa, Florida
“Sailing - Olde World Brought to You”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

As I stepped upon the Lionheart, I was greeted by Kathy and her official seafarer whistle send-off. The experience was splashed with traditions from the Olde World of Sailing, each one enhancing this adventure in unique, surprising, and fun ways. I have been lucky enogh to sail before - learning on a sunfish in college (Go FSU!). I have also sailed with friends over the years on Catamarans, Sunset cruises, and regular sailing vessels. This experience was unlike anything I have experienced. From the beginning of the trip, the allure for stepping into the past was all around us. Captain Mac shared the stories of old fashioned sailing and sea chanties, I was surprised and excited when the instruments were brought out to celebrate the sunset and the sailing. The comfort, personal touch, and just relaxed atmosphere was great as we watched dolphins swim along side us and watched the sun dance on the water, and eventually drop behind the earth - again, with a whistle to recognize the official sunset! Highly recommend this to everyone! It is a must when visiting Tampa!

Visited January 2013
James M, Owner at Olde World Sailing Line, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
You guys were a hoot to sail with - such enthusiasm! It was particularly great to sail with a fellow sailor like you. Thank you so much for your review.
Eldersburg, Maryland, United States
“Sunset Sail”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The word that comes to mind when describing our sailing experience aboard Lionheart is "AWESOME"! My boating experience was limited to power boats so when my husband surprised me with a "romantic sunset sail" aboard a 44 foot sailboat yacht, I wasn't sure what to expect. When we arrived at the dock I was very taken by the graceful beauty of Lionheart. She stood out from the others in her uniqueness and beauty. Then when we climbed on board and her beautiful sails were launched it felt like we were in another world, almost like going back in time. The pleasant breeze against my face and the quiet beauty of her sails as they danced in the wind made this experience one I won't soon forget. Then, Captain Mac and Kathryn served us a fantastic cuisine. As we dined and watched the beautiful sunset,,Kathryn played the harp which just made this alluring evening so much more romantic. Captain Mac and Kathryn pampered us and made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. Captain Mac even let us take a turn at the wheel! My husband has been on sail boat cruises in the past but he said nothing compares to his experience on Lionheart. He said while on other cruises he was treated well but it was clear that it was a job to the crew and everything was done almost automatically and not with a personal touch. Captain Jim and Kathryn made our experience unforgettable. My husband and I have already booked our next sailing cruise and this time we have decided on a moon light cruise. I can't wait to see this classy beauty's sails silhouetted against a moon lit sky. .

Visited January 2013
Many thanks for your generous review - you guys were a pleasure to sail with.