“Steve at Fowler Ave is the BEST!”
Review of Shells Seafood

Shells Seafood
Ranked #26 of 2,407 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Shells has been serving the Tampa Bay Area Great Casual Seafood for the past 30 years. We search near and far to bring you finest and freshest quality seafood at Dockside prices daily. All of our seafood is prepared fresh to order by our Seafood Experts and served in a casual friendly atmosphere that will impress your family and friends without depressing your wallet. At Shells our motto is what you eat is more important than what you wear!
Thonotosassa, FL
“Steve at Fowler Ave is the BEST!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

4 adults went in to Shells Seafood on Fowler, not expecting much....(after reading reviews). But we loved the old Shells on 30th Street- so we just HAD to give it a try.
Well, the reviews were just NOT true. Steve sat us promptly, took our drink order, suggested some items which were his favorite. Brought us drinks, then calamari, and oysters YUMMY! Then he brought us a bowl of the clam chowder to try. OMG! it could be a meal within itself.
So many clams!! We were stuffed by the time the meals arrived. Crab cakes, the Big Easy, fried shrimp and a 1.5 pound lobster were on the plates. Ended up taking much home. Lunch leftovers. Steve was there when we needed him, talked about the menu, offered suggestions, brought us plenty of napkins and kept the water filled. We will for sure be returning...and asking for Steve!

• Visited March 2013

Tampa, Florida
“This new restaurant know how to handle a crowd”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a group of about 50 people attending a Peter Noone fan club dinner at this Shells. They had only been open for two months. Lets get the one negative out of the way. I would suggest they keep a better eye on the restrooms. The toilets were dirty from guests that should have cleaned up after themselves. The bathroom as a whole was clean; it was just dirty guests that should know better. I guess they were too busy pleasing us that one thing got missed. I'll take that. A few people had to wait a little for their food, but considering the size of our group it wasn't bad at all.
Our main server Keith was awesome. He was on the ball and had everything running smoothly. A few of us spoke to the manger after the dinner and found out that it was the first night for one of the other servers helping us. You would never have known it.
The manager was really nice. He took time to speak with us and made us feel important. We are not a quite bunch but they put up with us willingly.
I am not a seafood eater but they had plenty of other options for me to choose from.
I really hope we have our dinner there again next year because they did such a great job.

1 Thank Candylady2m
Tampa, Florida
“Horrible experience, from beginning to end!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was by far one of the worst experiences I have had!!! It all started when I went to pick up my napkin. There was lipstick on the rolled napkin!!! It looked exactly like someone had blotted their lipstick after the silverware was rollled. I ordered the shrimp pasta and when it came out, it was horrible. There was no cream sauce in the pasta, and at the bottom of the bowl was about an inch of oil & butter!!!! Needless to say, it tasted horrible and looked even worse. Another diner that was with us ordered the fried fish, and that wasn't even cooked all the way through. This was a horrible experience and I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone!!!!

3 Thank vcontessa
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Great Seafood. Not Sure About Staff.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Since we were visiting the area we decided to give this place a try after all the wonderful things we heard about this place. I do agree, that the food is good. I ordered the classic seafood pasta and I enjoyed it a lot. The reason why I am giving this place just 3 in which I could give this place a 5 is because of the staff. I would give this place a 5, but I heard one guy cussing and saying Shut Up to another worker. I do understand that they were just joking around, but it seems unprofessional. Thankfully it was only one worker, the rest of the staff is great. It is dreadful, that I would give them 3 instead of 5, but this kind of ruined our time a little bit so I decided to drop it down to 3 instead of 2 or 1 because of the food. We don't usually come this far south, but the next time I visit this place. I hope that the worker who was saying Shut Up is gone and the test of the restaurant to be better than recent visit.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Casual Seafood dining, Great Chowder!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Casual dining experience with a decent menu and decent service. We picked up family from the airport and headed here as everyone was hungry. We all had something different....fish tacos, grouper sandwich, pasta with shrimp....Everyone enjoyed their meal. The lunch pasta with shrimp came with a salad or cup of chowder. Because they claim their chowder is so good, that was the choice for an additional $1.99. It was amazing. I had the server bring several more spoons so that everyone at the table could try it. All thought it was amazing, even beats what they serve on the wharf in San Francisco! Everything tasted great, even the clams we had for an appetizer. Would go here again!

1 Thank Gr8BrdLovr