“Tasty!”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I flew into Tampa on business and my pilots (private flight) picked me up a sandwich from here - the J & J sandwich (Roast beef, turkey, cole slaw and Russian dressing). It was very good. The slaw was actually very very good. The dressing was similiar to 1000 Island dressing/Zaxby's sauce which tasted good with the sandwich. Also had chips and a fruit cup, which both were good. I'd definitely try this place again (better than a Subway type shop).

Visited November 2013

Flagler Beach, Florida
“Left happy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ate at the one in Orlando years ago and was happy to stumble on this while visiting Tampa. Tried the cabbage and beef soup. Delicious with big chunks of beef. Hubby got the corned beef melt which came with delicious crispy steak fries in abundance and potato salad he said was good.
I got the pastrami which was heavenly on fresh rye bread. Had to stop at the bakery on the way out for blonde brownies. Yummy!

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Love the matzo ball soup!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had lunch here on a Sunday. They were crowded, but seemed to handle it nicely, we didn't have to wait, but a few minutes.
First, may I suggest parents, please teach your children to use their inside voice. The high pitched squeals coming out of some of these kids is deafening! Thankfully they were finishing up.
I chose an Italian ciabatta sandwich that was good, but very high in salt! Plenty of salami and ham with roasted red peppers, and olive tapenade. My sandwich came with a fruit medley and the fruit was ripe and in season. Not my usual pick. The matzo ball soup was good. The broth was very flavorful. My husband had a corned beef sandwich and it was great. He also enjoyed the matzo ball soup. His cole slaw was seriously lacking any flavor at all. We mentioned this to the waitress, and she apologized and asked if he wanted some fruit, he passed being as he was already full.
Our waitress was busy, but she seemed to keep up rather well. I couldn't do her job. All in all our meal was pretty good. Next time ill stick to my usual rueben sandwich...

• Visited July 2013
panama city
“Love This Place!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to the International Mall to eat with a group of 18 people. We walked along Bay Street and discovered this great restaurant. They were able to sit 18 of us in 3 tables. The food is amazing. I had the trio salad were you pick 3 different types of seafood or chicken salad. The desert was even more amazing. The bakery had so many selections. It is easy to skip dinner and just have dessert. This place is so much better than Cheesecake Factory which had a two hour wait. Try it and you will see why they get Voted the Number one restaurant in different cities.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was at the International Mall yesterday and thought I would stop for a quick bite to eat. I saw this place once before and just walked in and out. Well this time I stayed and I'm glad I did. I was actually surprised with the variety of their menu. When you first walk in and look at the board and the meats in the case you think it's just a regular deli but the menu was huge. Everything from breakfast foods to sandwiches, burgers, chicken...you name it they offered it and everything I saw going to other tables looked really appetizing.
I decided to try the French Onion soup..4.95. I wasn't expecting much I just hoped it would be half way decent. Well I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually better than some I have had in finer restaurants in Tampa. I also ordered half of the turkey blt on rye. The bread was fresh and delicious as was the turkey and bacon. They served it with a side of russian dressing which was also very good and gave the sandwich a nice flavor to it. It also came with a serving of coleslaw that was very good. The half sandwich was plenty with the soup.
They also have quite a variety of homemade desserts that looked amazing. I was too full to try any of them.
If you are at the mall and looking for a quick lunch this restaurant will not disappoint. The wait staff is quite pleasant. Just don't let the girl at the counter throw you off when you walk in. She was not very welcoming and seemed to be bothered by questions. In normal circumstances I would not frequent an establishment where they made me feel like I was a bother, however I chose to overlook it in this case and I'm glad I did. It's really a shame that business owners do not realize that the first person a patron meets can really make or break their business. First impressions do count.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Too Jay's? Share your experiences!