“Pretty good pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Tampa
“Pretty good pizza”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We eat here when shopping at the Citrus Park Mall. We've been here 5 times, the most recent being last night. We loved it when it first opened but last night it was a little bland. As mentioned they have only very large salads, pizzas in varying sizes, and an antipasto platter. We ordered the antipasto for the first time and was very underwhelmed by it. A few tomatoes, a small loaf of institutional bread, some olives, some bland mozzarella cheese and 4 slices of good salami for $9 I think. I would not order it again.
The pizza was good but the sauce seemed a little sweeter than it's been in the past and they used too much of it, rendering the crust a little soggy. The toppings were fresh and tasty as always.
They have excellent prices on house wine by the glass, half carafe, or full carafe. They also have bottled wines and other wines available at good prices. I believe they also have a full liquor bar. We were there during what I would consider "happy hour" and they either do not have one or the server did not tell us about it. The service is good. They have some outdoor tables available, which is nice.

• Visited May 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“Pizza done (mostly) right.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The best part is the pizza: tasty, hot, fresh, authentic. Nice blend of ingredients and the preparation adds to the flavor. The balance of the experience? Ok in all aspects, but nothing particularly memorable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jtwjlw
St Petersburg
“I would do it again.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Today my wife and I went to mall at Citrus Park Town Center. We decided to have lunch at Grimaldi's. We ordered the small Mediterranean salad. Small is enough for two people. We also ordered the small Pesto Pizza. The pizza was tasty and I would eat it again. However, the bottom of the pizza was black. The manager [Mike] came to our table and offered to have another one made on the spot. We refused and ate the one we had because it wasn't burnt to the point of being off putting.
Before we left they offered to make another one for us to take home. We again refused. The waitress then offered to supply dessert free of charge. My wife who has no shame when it comes to dessert, jump right on that and ordered a cannoli. We were presented a bill with the cost of the pizza reduced by half. The waitress was enjoyable and engaging. How can you not go back to a place that is that accommodating? I an sure we will.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rick m
Brooksville, Florida
“Enjoyed this coal oven pizza”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have not tried much coal oven pizza and found it to be a delight at Grimaldi's. I prefer thinner crust pizza also so to me this was a wonderful pizza. The ingredients we chose were sausage, onion, and red peppers all of which were fresh. After having their wonderful cannoli, no doubt this will be on the list of our favorite pizza places.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bon p
Tampa, Florida
“NY Pizza finally arrives in FL”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Yes, it's a chain. Once you get past that and realize that the oven type and pizza recipe copy the original Brooklyn location, you know you are getting decent NY style pizza. The crust is definitely the key, thin and chewy with that coal oven char that pizza eaters from the notheast hold dearly. The sauce has a great tomato sweetness and the mozz is definitely fresh. Added toppings are generous. Added bonus: leftovers were just as good eaten cold the next day....

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank kviolasr

Been to Grimaldi's Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria? Share your experiences!