“What's the big deal???”

Cuisines: Italian
Inverness, Florida
“What's the big deal???”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We met friends at Grimaldi's for lunch a few weeks back. They could not say enough about how good the pizza was...authentic NY pizza. I'm not from NY and have only had pizza in NYC once. I remember the NYC pizza being ten times better than this was. One of our pizzas was burned on the bottom, and the other was average at best. My husband I left there thinking that we had wasted our time.

1 Thank MrsG9310

Tampa
“Excellent food, Average service.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our 1st time at Grimaldi's for their coal-fired calzones/pizza. Previous experience with coal-fired is Anthony's over off of Fletcher and Village Drive. One aspect of coal-fired at Anthony's we found out was how quick they bring the main dish (usually within 10 minutes). Not here - we waited nursing drinks @ 45 minutes. Don't know if they were slammed or just not executing well.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Richard R
Denver, Colorado
“Best Pizza!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm learning that this is a chain so I can't report on other locations but the location at Citrus Park Mall in Tampa, FL is quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had. It's right up there with pizza in New York and New Jersey, probably better. Service is good, not great, and it seems poorly managed at times but the pizza is simply devine. Great crust with an almost smoky flavor from the coal oven. Toppings are fresh and high quality. They even have the smalll pepperonis that curl up and make little bowls. It's always amazing that there is very little, if any, grease on the place when finished. AWESOME!!

1 Thank mjenks8
Tampa, Florida
“Great Pizza and Atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband daughter and I decided to have dinner out at Citrus Park Mall and were pleasantly surprised to find Grimaldi's. I had no idea there was a new restaurant there! We decided to give a try. The atmosphere is great. I love the bar that is open to both indoors and outdoors. We went in and sat at the bar while we waited for a table. The bartender told us they had been open about three months. Once seated we ordered a great ceasar salad and then a large pizza that was split with two different bases. A white garlic and a pesto. Excellent pizza. The staff is great. By the time we were leaving the place was packed both inside and out and they had a pretty good wait going on. Not bad for only being open for three months! We will definitely go back!

1 Thank tampagal
Fuengirola, Spain
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Quite simply this was the best pizza I have ever eaten. Well, maybe not "ever" but certainly as long as I can remember!

The cheeses were divine, the toppings were fresh and the al fresco dining experience make this #1 in town. Believe me I am a pizza fanatic and could take you to another dozen pizzerias in town that are top notch. This is one step ahead of the pack. I can think of a couple in Spain where I have eaten many times and that would be up there too and a superb restaurant in Bardolino, Italy where they make pizza in a quasi-theatre exxperience but I still think this Grimaldi's deserves to be amongst them.

Quite simply - faultless. I will return,,,,soonest.

2 Thank thisisspain