“Recent changes are not to my liking”
Review of Taco Bus

Taco Bus
Ranked #515 of 2,398 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
South Florida, Florida
“Recent changes are not to my liking”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Not sure what has happened here -- perhaps a change of management around March/April 2014? Jonathan and Ana disappeared, and they were lovely.

One thing that I am sure of is that my favorite menu item, barbacoa, was taken off the menu around Jan/Feb 2014. Why!??! I asked and was told that it wasn't popular. Seriously? I alone probably order enough of the stuff to make its presence half viable, and I know that among my regular lunch buddies there, that at least half of us would order it. I have to go to Chipotle for barbacoa now. I really don't know how popular their fish and tofu items are, but you could not convince me they are anywhere near as popular as barbacoa was. PLEASE BRING BACK BARBACOA!

OK, that aside, there have been some other weird little unnecessary changes. I used to get a small horchata to drink. I would recommend the horchata (milk/rice pudding sweet drink). Now, there is no more option for a small horchata, only a regular size which is huge. I don't want that many calories!

A hand sanitizing machine was installed March/April, which I welcome. However, on the two occasions I used it, one time it was empty, and the other it soaked my hands with so much alcohol that I joked how I'd be close to the limit for driving home now.

Next, they changed the service of the burritos. They now come cut in half. Why? In order to put their delicious salsa verde inside, one would have to open up the burrito, add the sauce, then wrap it back up. Now that can't be done, there's a demand on the bottle of verde as everyone has to add it after every bite. Just seems odd to me. I've never had a burrito that was cut in half at any other restaurant.

Taco Bus still gets a very strong recommendation from me. I find that their tacos are taste sensations, with fresh cabbage, lime etc mixed with a tasty meat/veggie filling. Delicioso! Sometimes I'll also go for their burrito prenado, as this contains rice and beans above and beyond the regular burrito. Filling!

• Visited June 2014

“muy tasty”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Yeah, the Taco Bus is pretty authentic and the tacos are flavorful. Prices are friendly and the salsa verde is excellent, but can be quite hot. We don't care for the red stuff, it must be some type of taco sauce(bland,uninspired). I haven't tried the tongue taco but the others are good. They serve other stuff, but I say stick to the namesake and eat 2 or 3 tacos.

Visited May 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Want a real Mexican taco? Not Tex-Mex stuff. Here's the place.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have spent a lot of time in Mexico, working. In Mexico City I often ate at Taqueria Acoxpa. Taco bus makes their Tacos al Pastor and Tacos de Lengua just like in Mexico City.

• Visited January 2014
Florida
“overrated, bland food”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my 1st time eating at Taco Bus since moving to Tampa and I was looking forward to it because I love Mexican food. I was highly disappointed in the food. The flavor was very bland and I do not know what all the hype is about. The location is good, the service was quick and friendly, and the places was clean. There is a good selection of food with vegetarian options, but the food itself is just flavorless.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite food”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

He went first time just 2 months ago.I liked it too much.It similar taco bell but at taco bus you will find out testy and spicy food

Visited December 2013
1 Thank bhaveshkumar s

Been to Taco Bus? Share your experiences!