“A Culinary Wonderland if only....”
Review of Edison

Edison
Reserve with OpenTable
Edison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, International, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edison St
Description: Daily flavor experiments and Chef Pierola's witty interpretations of everyday food are expertly engineered into current, modern cuisine at edison. Hip wines, interesting brews, and tantalizing cocktails. Relaxed atmosphere with energetic vibe.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had been hearing about this place for sometime, so on a Friday night with friends in tow, we headed down to check things out - we were not disapointed. I have to say that I've never seen such an incredible combination of fresh, imaginative, and wonderful dish presentations. The menu is ever changing, so what I had, may or may not be available when you go, which is great, since I can't wait to return to try some other things. O.K. - Let's address the location and noise issues first. The location and parking (use valet) is not the best. I kept imagining this place in North Tampa or in a building where the noise would be less (it's not that bad) but if the atmosphere were just a little better, seats a little more comfortable, then I think you would have a tough time even getting a reservation. The food - awesome.....sharing is a must! Between 4 of us we started with Goat cheese truffles, ecargot, and Krupuk (prawn chips with fish spread) and of course wine. After these tasty appetizers we had crab salads, and a kale salad that were amazing and bursting with freshness. The main couses were chicken and waffles, monkfish, Hawaiian opah, and snapper. The desserts were sugar crusted butter cake and a chocolate torte, with coffee from a vacuum pot served table side. The menu is amazing, and I would reccomend ordering a variety of appetizers among your group and sharing those, if you want to do dinner that way, but you'll miss the incredble main dishes. Everything we had that night was perfection in cooking - the sides that are paired with the mains (my opah had coconut rice and mussels) were truly astounding. My group kept looking at each other as we ate with dumbstruck expressions of "I can't beleive how good this is" There are flavors going on in these dishes, that you just don't find anymore, especially in Tampa, and the Chef here at Edison has nailed it! The wait staff was great. Our waitress, Marisol, was so helpful in helping us thru all the choices available and making our evening great. They have added a mixed drink menu of flavored cocktails, which I didn't get to try, and the wines are offered by the glass, flask, and bottle. On average we spent about $100.00 per person with tip, which is less than you would expect with food of this caliber. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great menu, lots of fun combinations.

Wait staff was great, well prepared for questions and had good recommendations.

This is definitely a Foodie place. Wouldn't bring my meat and potatoes family members here -- need to have a little adventure spirit in eating.

The wine was middle of the road --- not enough by the glass options for me, but they do have a good list for bottles.

Overall the restaurant was kind of loud --- and we deliberately went on a weekday early evening to avoid the noise (based on T/A recommendations), but it was still hard to have a normal tone conversation.

Don't go without reservations --- gets busy fast.

Neighborhood is dodgy - so park right behind bldg if possible. One street over either direction is not for the faint of heart.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a 10-scale: Loudness: 10 Food: 9.5 Service: 5 Wine list: 6 Beer: 4 Ambience: 3 I can recommend this place for its inventive tastes in food and drink. But at the prices they ask of us the scene is way, way too noisy; the high-top tables are too casual (sit in the back for wood-benched booths closer to the floor). The service is not commensurate with the excellent food quality. Eat here late on a Monday or Tuesday night. [Owner: draperies! rugs! turn off the PA!]

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I went here with my family and friends to celebrate my birthday and it was so incredible!! The food was amazing! Such beautiful plates. The atmosphere was great but what was even better was their DRINK MENU!! I tried 4 different drinks and they were all so incredible!! Definitely going back!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant around our hotel and we ended up choosing this one. Boy have we made a good decision!

The food was exquisite (the Smoked Fish terrine was out of this world), the service was perfect and the drinks were marvellous! Try the Southern Telegraph if you like your drink a little spicy.

The neighbor is abit sketchy, but do not hesitate to go over there. You won't be dissapointed!