“Really special new spot.”
Review of Edison

Edison
Reserve with OpenTable
Edison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,734 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, International, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edison St
Description: Daily flavor experiments and Chef Pierola's witty interpretations of everyday food are expertly engineered into current, modern cuisine at edison. Hip wines, interesting brews, and tantalizing cocktails. Relaxed atmosphere with energetic vibe.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Edison is a new, very sophisticated (for Tampa) dining experience. Jeannie Pierola's always done high end inventive food and this doesn't disappoint. Service was friendly and attentive without being invasive. There were so many interesting hot and cold small plates and desserts that I didn't order an entree and was quite satisfied by the end of the evening. Went with three friends and we shared most everything since I was difficult to choose. Will certainly return often.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Dined on a Friday night: Good things: Bar seating needed reservations, so you know it must be a hot spot. Staff were very welcoming. Scene was great, lots of people watching. Complimentary Valet parking was a plus. Portion sizes are good. Average things that need prompt attention: The fried chicken skin fell off the meat, do not serve that. The hamburger was a hamburger, nothing overly impressive. Any new eatery deserves to be checked out when it gets this much press so we had to try it. Potato crusted oysters were very greasy and left lots of oil on my hands. Most wines on the menu were not available and the ones that were being served not so great. Who has a drink lab without a good selection to live up to the name nevertheless selling out of most wines, not a good idea. Migas dish was not very flavorful, actually kinda bland. Hogfish with edamame succotash was good but nothing to go out of your way for. Best aspect of this place is the Scenery!!! We will go back for dessert since they looked so appetizing, hope they exceed our expectations more than the entrees. We will give them another try since they have only been open for approx one month, but they need the feedback to perfect the food and drink lab concept and hopefully to have us as regular customers.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Am I really only the third review?? On a business trip to Tampa, I was hoping to find a unique restaurant and luckily came across a review of the newly opened Edison. I was a little weary reading other reviews that made the concept sound, frankly, weird and went in expecting some kind of laboratory environment. Never fear; the atmosphere here is cozy and inviting. I started with the vanilla scented foie gras appetizer and it was amazing--definitely a must try if you're a foie gras fan. Next I had the duck confit special and I was in awe that it was actually served crispy. I'm usually too afraid to go for the confit, because half the time if shows up as a squishy pile of duck fat, but this version was spot on. If you're a dessert person, you NEED to save room. I let the server talk me into the chocolate earl grey shake which, while delicious, wasn't really my thing--but if you're a chocolate fiend, it's definitely the way to go. I absolutely loved this place but just a couple of notes that kept me from giving it 5 stars: as another reviewer mentioned, the wine pours are TINY. Go for a beer or a bottle if you want to get your money's worth. Also, while the confit was to die for, the polenta, peppers and (two) mushrooms it came with were mostly flavorless. I also hate to admit it, but I also walked out of there with my hair smelling like a deep fryer, so they might want to invest in better ventilation. BUT those litle things aside, you need to try this place out it you're an adventurous eater (picky eaters maybe not so much...) and I can't wait to come back next time I'm in town!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've been anxiously awaiting chef Jeannie Pierola's return to the Tampa Bay restaurant scene, and her newest endeavor does not disappoint!

It's a charming space that is both comfortable and inviting. It gets loud, as all restaurants seem to these days, but not as loud as some.

Our server, Cody, was a hoot. He encouraged our table of four people with somewhat timid palates to swing wide and order things outside our comfort zones. We took many of his suggestions and with the exception of the bone marrow, which kinda freaked all of us out, he was spot on with his suggestions. The beef carpaccio was so good, and the tuna nicoise appetizer was incredible. We all had seafood entrees, trigger fish, scallops, and I ordered the arctic char, which was possibly the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.

The coffee preparation is a table side science experiment and very good to boot. They also offered a varied and reasonably priced wine list.

Go, you'll love it.

2  Thank nightmode
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went with three other couples. My husband and I were the first couple to arrive. our table was ready with two bottles of wine (red and white). My first thought was oh no, the upsale has begun. However our waiter Cody did a terrific job in selcting the wine and it was NOT the most expensive bottle, however it was very good. Not being much of a duck fan, Cody did talk me into trying them and they were fantasic, as well as the corn flake crusted fish, and chocolate tart. Eventhough the A/C wasn't working well we did sit thorugh the heat and had many bottles of the great wine. The tab was also less than I expected. Great food with great prices. We will be regulars

1  Thank Angela D

Been to Edison? Share your experiences!