“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Description: This place was featured on a Food Network show
Description: This place was featured on a Food Network show
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Best coffee I've had in a long time.Chorizo dishes are very nice, so are Cuban sandwiches.Busy little place!

There are newer reviews for Aguila Sandwich Shop

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great sandwiches with really good prices. I order a 12 inch pernil sandwich and it was great.. My wife order the cuban and she was in love. Bill was $35 for 6 people. Very Friendly staff, i would go back again when in Tampa

1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed May 8, 2014

whenever I'm having a bad day, I can always count on AGUILA sandwich shop to brighten up my day. From the super animated son of the owner, who always greets me with the most wonderful energy by first name -- to the strong cafe con leche and LUCIOUS sandwiches…!

My favorite has to be the CHORIZO -- the biggest, juiciest of I've tasted outside Latin America. just look at the picture… They say they are 1000 words, right? ;)

I've already tried the Cuban, their soups, and other sandwiches as well -- never disappointed. My American boyfriend and financial adviser always love to come here for lunch.

Service can be quite slow when crowded, so please take that into consideration if you're on a rush (i.e. call your order ahead!)

other than that: no complaints! Keep coming back for the personality

2  Thank LaBoricua87
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We saw this restaurant on The Travel Channel before and since we are so into authentic moms and pops restaurants we decided to give it a try.
The atmosphere: Very authentic Cuban atmosphere very welcoming owners and staff. You feel the family owned and operated business feel which makes America the greatest country to be.
The food: Great authentic Cuban Sandwiches. We tried both the Original Cuban and The Steak Sandwich. Both were awesome and we ordered sweet plantains with them that were awesome.
The prices: very reasonable.... being featured on The Travel Channel did not make them greedy.
All in all you gotta give this restaurant a visit and try their specialty sandwiches.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Quirky little sandwich with great food, friendly staff, and friendly locals. We went for lunch and shared the Cuban sandwich and the Media Noche. Both were amazing and served hot and tasty. We also enjoyed cafe con Leche. Lunch was very reasonably priced. We will definitely be going back and have recommended Aguila to our friends.

Been to Aguila Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!