“One of Tampa's best kept secrets!”

Joe and Son's Olive Oils
Ranked #8 of 63 Shopping in Tampa
Reviewed May 14, 2014

As one who tends to stay on a strict diet I was pleased to find Joe and Son's Olive Press. Who knew that olive oil could create such a healthy but diverse array of tastes for one's palate. The staff didn't hesitate to lend ideas on some of their favorite dishes as well as a sample of their many olive oils. As a small mom and pop shop, I really enjoyed how welcomed I felt as soon as I walked in. Everything is laid out perfectly with surprisingly low prices on gourmet olive oil. I definitely will make this a frequent visit throughout the month. Check em out!

5  Thank John L

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a great place if you're passionate about cooking. I had no idea how much the right olive oil makes a difference in the flavor of your food. The store is well laid out and the staff are extremely helpful. I believe in shopping at local and small businesses and these guys are the perfect fit! They make it so easy to shop, too, with their online ordering. If you're in town, you have to stop and see everyone at Joe and Son's. You won't regret your experience!

2  Thank RMW15
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is a small family run business that is just an absolute gem in the rough. Recently spent the weekend in Tampa and I was not impressed with anything there with this one exception. What great people these folks are and such passion about what they do! I will be ordering online and going back. Love these guys!!

3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My job had me temporarily located in Tampa and the foodie in me found Joe and Son's to help spike up my cooking. Having been the guy that usually grabs a bottle of olive oil off the shelf at a super market, I was immediately blown away when walking into their store on Bay to Bay! The store is filled with so many different varieties of extra virgin olive oils and balsamics. With so many choices I didn't know where to start, and that is where the owners, Andrea and Chris, were such a delightful help. When I mean choices, there had to be over fifty different flavors to choose, and they helped me narrow down my criteria and then I poured some samples for myself before making my choices.

This store is everything great about small business! This store has a family lineage that you see from pictures on the store's walls and brought to life by hearing the story from Andrea and Chris of how Joe and Son's started out as an Italian market in Ybor City more than half a century ago! The store's appearance is very clean, as they take great pride in the store and their products. What makes this store so great is how interactive an experience it was in choosing the oils and balsamics. I tasted as many flavors as my pallet could handle and filled my own bottles right from their taps, can't get that experience at a Super Market!

I recommend this store to anyone that wants a true experience in shopping for variety. The pay-off comes later in how tasty these oils and balsamics make everyday meals! Whether a Tampa local, or anyone passing through on vacation or business, make it a point to visit this store, you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank BryanDoc
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was down in Tampa visiting a girlfriend from college when she took me to Joe & Son's. At first I was overwhelmed by all the olive oils but the owners Andrea & Chris were super sweet and gave us a tutorial on their store and were patient with our request to taste basically all the flavors! I walked away with about 3 oils and 2 vinegars and so many new & quick recipe ideas. Not only am I a huge fan of Joe & Sons but also will order the oils for holiday & house warming gifts! Thanks again guys!

4  Thank Deb H

Been to Joe and Son's Olive Oils? Share your experiences!