“I love Segways”

Electric Glide Tours
Ranked #12 of 88 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: All tours are by appointment only. Every tour, large or small feels like a personal experience. There is no office to find. We meet in a public park and begin training and tour from there. We specialize in human being Segway Experiences. We've trained humans of all shapes, sizes and ages. We prefer to train the individual and let their physical ability guide them through the process. Individuals previously thought inable to ride a Segway have found great success (and fun) riding with us. We specialize in people with physical challenges. Some of the individuals we've training have challenges such as: Autism, Downs Syndrome, Prosthesis & Short Stature (Dwarfism) We offer xceptional Segway tours for exceptional people! Offering Private/Specialized events and on-location tour experiences. Ybor City & Hillsborough River State Park - Historical Segway Tours - Segway Sight Seeing Tours - Segway Cigar Tour of Ybor City - Small & Large Groups Welcome Segway tour companies are not all created equal. Come see what makes us different. Segway tours by Electric Glide Tours: "The Most Fun You Can Have Standing Up!"
Reviewed May 10, 2015

This is really an awesome tour. Segways are great fun and very easy to ride. It's like having wheels for feet. Russell was a great guide with lots of interesting info about Ybor City. This is our second Segway tour. We have decided that whenever we are in an interesting city with a tour, we will take it. I highly recommend it.

All reviews
"buffs"
"riders"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 13, 2015 via mobile

We had a great time with Russell, he got us on the Segways in no time and comfortable. This is a very cool way to sightsee the city. Can't wait to Segway again. Definitely worth the price for the fun value! Want to come back to YBOR again and explore more.

Reviewed April 11, 2015

Russell was so great helping out a friend with knee issues. She had a great time; just like the rest of us!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2015

I highly recommend this tour. What a fun way to spend a few hours away from downtown, and far cooler than a walking tour! After living near DC for 5 years, I always thought of segway tours as the annoying groups buzzing around the monuments with blinking lights on their helmets like glow in the dark tourist-aliens. In this case (or at least this location) I was wrong.

The "office" is easy to find by taking the street car from downtown. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the area - worth arriving early or hanging around after your tour.

The tour itself starts with 15-20 minutes of instruction/practice on your segway and another few minutes of practice before you head onto the streets. From there, following the guide is easy and fun. The tour is about 1.75 hours including stops along the way for photos, and info on landmarks and the Ybor (EEE-bohr) City.

Recommendations:
1. Book early if you are eager for a specific time or have more than two people in your party. Payment in advance is needed for your reservation. Reservations can be made online or by phone.
2. Public restrooms are nearby. Go before your instruction time begins.
3. Remember your sunscreen and dress for the weather. There is only so much shade.
4. Small satchel-like bags are on the segways - perfect for a wallet, small bag, or bottle of water.
5. Don't be shy to call and ask questions ahead of time. Russell and Kristy were helpful and really nice.
6. Coupons may be available in the various tourist guides around town.

2  Thank Rider2003
See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2015

I was in Ybor for only a few hours and stopped by to see if I could squeeze in a segway tour. Russell at Electric glide adapted his schedule to fit mine! He spent a good amount of time instructing me to be sure my helmet fit properly, that I rode safely and that I felt comfortable with the segway before starting the tour. We then spent the next few hours touring about Ybor and I learned so much of it's history, I was able to relate much of it back to my daughter when we returned to Ybor on Saturday for the Market. Russell was wonderful, we covered a lot of territory, but I felt unrushed, and we had a nice balance between history and fun! I highly recommend Electric Glide tours as a worthwhile and enjoyable activity when visiting Ybor.

Been to Electric Glide Tours? Share your experiences!