“Great Place to Eat after a Day at Busch Gardens”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Ranked #307 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Known for serving the freshest Tex-Mex food and world famous Smack My A** & Call Me Sally! hot sauce.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

After some time spent riding roller coasters at Busch Gardens, my partner and I decided to grab a bite at Tijuana Flats. As soon as we walked in the door, we were warmly greeted by a server and sat at a table. We ordered two appetizers, the chips and guacamole and the atom bombs. Folks, the chips and guac are fresh and plentiful and the atom bombs are savory and served warm.

I had the Bangin Chicken Burrito - which as average and my partner ordered a Chimichanga - so so. If we had to do it all over again, I think we'd best be served by ordered just the appetizers. Oh, the iced tea is Luzianne and is AWESOME!

2  Thank lonniel915

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The wife and I decided to try this restaurant while in Tampa. She had the Tijuana Burrito with Beef&Bean, and I had the Two Tacos with Beef. Both with fresh toppings, lettuce, tomato, onions, jalapenos, and sour cream on the side. We also ordered the Pico De Gallo, and the Salsa Verde. Everything was delicious, but what made this restaurant stand out was the Hot Sauce Bar where you can choose from a variety of sauces. I tried some Ghost Chili Sauce, not for the faint of heart; some Sirricha type sauce, medium heat; some sweet Chili sauce, very mild; and some Pure Capsium Liquid, The Hottest!!! There were about 15 different types of sauce to try, so there is one for every taste. Delicious food and pleasant atmosphere! They also serve Larger Parties

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Very friendly and attentive staff combined with tasty food and sauces. Can't go wrong here.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Great variety at a good price. I would go back. Vegetarians have lots of choices. Great black beans and rice. Chicken enchiladas were good.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The food here is always great, whether it's nachos, tacos, burritos or whatever - it's good! The service is pretty good and quick and the wide variety of sauces is a nice twist!

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Harg82, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you're a fan of our fresh Tex-Mex. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Been to Tijuana Flats? Share your experiences!