“Yummy veggie pho”

Pho An Hoa
Ranked #729 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I got the large veggie pho bowl. It was really tasty and the portion was great. I also found the price to be reasonable.

Tip - Don't get the the extra large bowl. It's really just the large portion but in a bigger bowl.

Reviewed March 26, 2016

We really enjoyed our lunch here. Very nice serice and great food. We really liked the beef pho and spring rolls with pork and shrimp. Kid friendly and convenient from Lowry Zoo. We would definitely stop here again for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed December 24, 2015 via mobile

Small place with only a few tables. Pho is a type of Vietnamese soup and the flavor of the broth is very important. I have tried many Vietnamese restaurants in Tampa/St Pete and this place definitely has the best broth in the area. Lots of fresh veggies and ingredients.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

It's a Pho place and that is probably what I should have ordered. But I ordered the pork vermicelli and and my husband got the pork grill to self wrap. My vermicelli was a bit dried out and the pork pretty bland. My husband's dish came out without the rice wrap or water. This is a key piece of eating his dish. I found it kind of insulting that when I asked the server about it, she said "Oh, you want that?" Did she falsely assume we'd never eaten vietnamese before? As expected, his pork was bland.

Overall, I guess this may the place to eat pho but there are so many great Vietnamese places to eat at that I don't need to come back here for another potentially lackluster experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2015

I have been to many local Vietnamese restaurants in Tampa so you really have your choice of selections. On my first visit with my wife our experience was just at or slightly below average.

I ordered the pork grill with (do it yourself version) and my wife ordered the pork vermicelli. When they brought mine out they did not include the rice wraps and when asked they commented with, "O', you want that", really, it comes with the meal. the pork was bland tasting and not seasoned or flavored that well as I am accustomed to and the quantity was also sparse. The side vegetable pairings that typically accompany a meal like this was lacking the usual combinations. The price was reasonable at $9.50 but I would not order this meal again.

My wife's pork vermicelli was also disappointing. The pork lacked flavor and the noodles did not taste that well. The consistency was just not there. It was one of those dining experiencing that you look back on and think. "I wasted a dining out opportunity for this."

There are plenty of Vietnamese places to choose from in Tampa and I will most likely not be back to this one. The Golden Phoenix on Dale Mabry blows this place away in more quality Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine.

Been to Pho An Hoa? Share your experiences!