“GREAT Place to Ride Your Bike and Enjoy Lunch!”
Review of Taste of Boston

Taste of Boston
Ranked #253 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Located at ballast point pier
Description: Located at ballast point pier
Reviewed May 4, 2014

If you live in South Tampa/Hyde Park or just visiting the Bayshore area, this is an ideal spot to walk, jog or ride your bike to. The park is filled with plenty of playground type of activities for the kids to include a modest water fountain/park. But, the gem of the area is this restaurant - casual and plenty of outdoor seating overlooking the bay. The service has ALWAYS been spot on and the food, although casual, is delicious. You won't be sorry to stopping by and enjoying a meal under the shade of a table umbrella.

There are newer reviews for Taste of Boston

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I wanted to add some pictures but the food was already gone! Ha!

I work on MacDill and wanted to try something new for lunch. I'm so glad I did! This place is in a BEAUTIFUL setting which reminded me right away of the atmosphere of the harbors in Boston. Theres a huge pier right outside the restaurant where pelicans swoop down into the water, and fisherman are casting their lines and shooting the breeze with coolers full of assorted beverages between them.

The restaurant had a nice "diner" style atmosphere. The staff was extremely friendly.

First, I tried calling in my order. I will add that for a to-go or call-ahead order, you must provide them a credit card number, no exceptions. They don't actually *charge* anything to it unless you're a no-show. You can still pay with cash when you arrive. I ended up just ordering when I arrived so I didn't have to dig out my credit card while driving.

I went out and enjoyed the view while I waited for my to-go order.

The cole slaw was really good--surprisingly light and healthy, not weighed down with mayo or other goop like most places.

The fried green beans gave me no cause for complaint, though I wouldn't call them exceptional (then again I didn't have them fresh--I had to drive back to work). They had quite a bit of salt and seasoning in them, which I liked.

This was the first lobster roll I've ever eaten, and it was smaller than I expected (hot dog bun size) but I found it VERY good. Huge chunks of lobster meat, with light seasoning on a fresh white bun.

I paid about $15.50 for a lobster roll, cole slaw, fried green beans and a Diet Pepsi. A little more than I typically spend on lunch, but worth it for such a great view and such delicious cuisine. I'll definitely be back a couple times a year from now on.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place was really good! It was not the best seafood I ever had, but it was good. The waitress was really funny, and had that cool accent. It made for a good dining experience. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The service was great and very friendly. The food was to die for. Fried clams with the bellies. Clam chowdaw....conch fritters. The view of the water was beautiful. and the park was clean and very inviting.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nestled in a little spot between a park, bait shop, and harbor, lies this tiny restaurant. At the end of the Harborwalk in Tampa, this restaurant has a few tables inside and a few tables outside. The food is served in plastic baskets and plastic utensils, but the food is absolutely delicious. I had a lobster roll that came in a top sliced hot dog bun and stuffed with lobster salad. Having come from New England, it brought back wonderful memories. Served along with the lobster was cole slaw, and my choice of fresh vegetables. The vegetables were served al dente, and were excellent. My husband had whole belly clams with cole slaw and French fries, and deemed these excellent also. The wait staff was friendly and efficient, and they provided a go cup for your drink, so you could take it with you as you strolled through the park or out to the pier. The view from the restaurant was spectacular. All in all, it was a great experience.