“GREAT LOCATION, SUPER ROOMS, PERFECT PRICE!!!”

Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel
Ranked #8 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
florida
“GREAT LOCATION, SUPER ROOMS, PERFECT PRICE!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Don't let the fact that its location by the airport means you will hear every flight because you DON'T. It is clean, quiet, upgraded interiors and located next to the International Plaza Mall with dozens of great places to eat within a 5 minute or less walk and all the shopping you can handle. Its price is well worth it as we booked online and was given a $50 voucher for next time we stay at any Renaissance.
The staff was great!! I asked for extra pillows and towels and they were in my room waiting for me!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Turkish first
Oregon
Reviewed June 18, 2010

After a very long flight and chaotic time trying to get my bearings driving around Tampa I was rescued by one Marriott employee (Beverly) and directed to the Renaissance. I was treated to excellent customer service and true kindness. I had a lovely two night stay and enjoyed shopping at International mall.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I stay at hotels between 125 and 150 nights per year. Depending on the locale, I stay at everything from modestly priced motels to $400 a night hotels and resorts. I am a HiltonHHonors Diamond member and have platinum with SPG and Gold with Marriott.

I decided to give the Tampa Renaissance a try based on the glowing reviews on this site and elswhere. My family was extremely excited to be coming here.

What a let down! The female at the front desk was very cold an impersonal. She gave me a key to my room that didn't work. I had to return to the front desk 3 times to get a working key. The employees were not at all friendly, every single one that walked past us didn't even glance our way. The olive tasting bar is gone. The maids, even though I left a generous tip, only half cleaned the room and did not leave us any fresh tea, coffee, or cups to make it with. When I called and asked to speak to a manager, a man in a blue suit came and absolutely pounded on our door. He was so rude that I slammed the door on him, something I've never done in a half century of living.

I'm still here, it is too late to check out without paying for tonight, so we might as well stay.
Rest assured that this is the last night that we shall ever, ever even consider being guests of this hotel. I can't get over this feeling of disbelief that a 4 star hotel would treat its guests so shabbily!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Luckyboots
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Everything was great at the Renaissance Hotel! The staff were friendly. The room was great and had everything I needed! I'd love to go back!

DALLAS, TEXAS
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Only 1 visit but this is a very very nice hotel! I would love to stay here again.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Delaware
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently attended a conference in Tampa and had the pleasure of staying at this property for 2 nights. The location of this hotel could not be any better unless it was on the beach on a tropical island. You can see the airport, but the entire time there I did not hear 1 airplane. You can literaly throw a rock and hit the mall that is filled with lots of really high end stores. You can see a stadium from the parking lot, though I am still unsure which stadium it was. The entire property had tons of palm trees and other tropical plants that looked like they had been there forever. In the courtyard played this enchanting italian music that just whisked you away to italy. Throughout the hotel all day long there are dozens of locations where you can find free water, mint infused, lemon infused, berry infused, lemonade and tea...how refreshing is that in the midst of 90 degree weather? As for the conference facilities, well they were perfect! Almost everything during my stay was just a dream. The entire time I felt like I was on vacation even though I was there on business. The only 3 things that were not good, was the roof top view from my room, the ants in the bathroom the last day and the charges for the internet usage. But working in the hotel industry, these are things you can almost always count on. The food was excellent both on and off the property. The staff was superb 100% of the time. The decor and setting was truley aesthetically pleasing. I would definately reccomend this property to anyone traveling to the area, with or without kids and no matter what age or occassion. This place has it all done perfectly!

1 Thank NeverAHilton
KAO2002
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We checked in with no problem, only to find out that the hot water didn't work. So we called down to the desk and they sent someone up to fix a pipe. Umm shouldn't you know if the hot water works before you rent out a room. My husband had to take a cold shower, but the man did work quickly and professionally. The cable kept going out, saying no signal or the picture/audio was hopelessley scrambled. I did like the location, being right next to the International Plaza. Parking was also easy and included in the price-YEA! The pool seemed small and not at all resort-like. Beds were not as nice as I am used to- foam pillows and a hard mattress. They did have the down comforter surrounded by sheets which was very nice. Also, the HUGE TV was a great assest to the room.