“Perfect location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Perfect location”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and love it more each time. Comfy beds, great large rooms, very clean! Everyone is super nice.
This hotel is actually attached to the Interntional Mall of Tampa. Shop all day and collapse in your wonderful room.
You will not be disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 656debbieg
Nina H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thanks for the great review! We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable. Your feedback is extremely valuable because everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Turkish first
Orinda, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is close to the airport and connects to the International Plaza mall, so it's very convenient for shopping or airport access. The hotel has colorful pseudo Italian décor in its public spaces and rooms. Rooms have comfortable beds with soft duvets. Baths offer Aveda products, although they are tiny bottles. There is a Club floor and lounge. We were not aware, however, that the lounge would be closed at the time of our visit, so we were given coupons for a cold breakfast in the restaurant, but there was no evening service. Breakfast service was poor. The buffet food ran out and was not replaced, and it was difficult to get the attention of servers. There is a nice pool and a well equipped exercise room. Service was unresponsive. We requested for extra towels and turndown and neither arrived.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard will be quieter considering the airport location.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanielBeryl
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel. However, I must apologize for your dissatisfaction with our breakfast buffet and the restaurant servers. As you stated, our location is convenient to the airport and is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
South Pole
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Love this hotel. The staff is normally warm and caring. The Hotel is warm, inviting and has a charm all its own. The facilities are extremely clean and have a heated pool with jacuzzi and a exercise room. Close to some of the best shopping, restaurants and night life. Prices are reasonable and based upon time of the year.

Room Tip: Join the Marriott Rewards club for extra savings
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Nina H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are delighted that your stay at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel was enjoyable.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel twice, and both times had issues. The first time, the hotel computer system was down, and they were not able to check me into the hotel for an hour or so. These things do happen, and the staff did offer me water, but I thought for a regular traveler and a Gold Marriott Rewards level, they could have done more. At other Marriott group hotels, I've often been offered reward points as compensation for problems, or a drink coupon, free movie; anything would have been appreciated.

On my most recent stay I had a variety of minor annoyances. The staff was well-intentioned, but somehow little things kept going wrong. The front desk was trying to accommodate my desire for a high floor but didn't tell me they were putting me into a handicap-accessible room; that meant no closet, just a low hanging bar from which I couldn't hang my trousers without their brushing the floor. When I commented on the room upon checking out, the desk clerk told me I should have told them that I didn't like handicap-accessible rooms... really?.. it's up to me to notify when I'm not told the room type? Other issues: The valet pulled my car around but left it boxed in by the hotel's airport shuttle with no driver in sight. Room service got my order wrong.

To be fair, the room service waitress, who was not responsible for the error, made sure I wasn't charged for the entrée, which I thought was a great piece of customer service. Another valet, who worked the very early morning shift made sure the car was there, with the heater on, and nicely opened the car door for me. The room service food is quite good. The exercise room is spacious and well-equipped.

This is a very attractive property and located next to a fashionable outdoor mall with lots of amenities. The location is extremely convenient to the airport and is roughly mid-way between Tampa and St. Pete. If they could take the service up a notch or 2, this would be a great place to stay. I may give it one more try, but three strikes and they will definitely be out.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nina H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing stay at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel. What you experienced on both of your recent visits is not typical and certainly not up to our high quality standards. We always strive to provide top notch services and amenities and it is very discouraging when we fall short of that goal. You can be assured that your comments have been reviewed with the appropriate staff members to prevent a reoccurrence in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Tampa … please contact me directly at 813/877-9200 so that I can personally handle your reservations and insure that we exceed your expectations.
Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was traveling alone, so I chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and to the mall. The shuttle was free and prompt, and the staff very friendly and helpful. I thought I might try a restaurant in the mall, but I got all comfy in my room and ordered room service, which was spot on -- a pan-fried chicken breast with mashed potatoes and veggies. Delivery was prompt, the server friendly, price reasonable for room service. The room was adequate - but my problem was with the other guests! At about 2 AM, a shouting and shoving match occurred right outside my room, in the hallway, bumping against my door! I was about to call security when another guest shouted at them to desist.

The next morning, I was a little surprised to see a lobby filled with 100+ men, all speaking a foreign language, smoking like chimneys outside -- not that it mattered... Apparently they were all going on a cruise, but I gotta say, I was not comfortable being the only woman in the room. Especially after my middle of the night waking-up-in-a-panic-because-someone-is-shouting-and-shoving-outside-my-hotel-room-door! As a woman traveling alone, I am not sure I would choose this hotel again. Actually, on my way back through Tampa, I chose to stay at the Hyatt Place, where I felt safer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Nina H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was not a pleasant one. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction and unfortunately we did not meet your - or our own - expectations. You can be assured that your concerns will be addressed so that you will have an exceptional experience on your next viit. You are a valued customer and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tampa.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My stay was awesome. The room was very comfortable, they served great food, friendly staff, nice for evening hang out. Housekeeping took extra care of me when I checked in with a bad cold. Ran into Bucaneers players as well :)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nina H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thanks for the great review! We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Seattle
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was booked here by my company because it is close to Tampa Airport. Check in was very friendly and efficient, my room was nice and comfortable but closer examination of the place showed it to be one of those that are a bit worn but they dress it up with Aveda products in the bathroom etc. to make up for it. One thing that always gripes me and my colleagues is that they charge $9.95 for internet access when you typically get that for free most other places including much cheaper per night hotels. I find that offensive when I am paying a premium. I found the lobby area amusing, a cross between South Beach Art Deco and Los Vegas! We arrived in the dark and rain so we did not explore outside but it is located in what appeared to be a high end shopping area with lots of restaurants close by. They do offer an airport shuttle which takes about 6-7 minutes to get to the air field and the first one leaves at 5 AM so be cautious if you have an early early flight and do make a reservation in case they are slammed. All in all this is an ok place but I would recommend you consider the Marriott which is located right in the Tampa Airport terminal itself at the same nightly rate as this hotel. I find it to be a good value and super convenient plus you exit the place right into the airport terminal and you are good to go for your flight. Also very quiet which is often not the case with hotels that close to the jetway. See my review elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nina H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review .... we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel. As you stated, our location is convenient to the airport and is ideally located adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its upscale retail stores, food court, full service restaurants, sports bars, and a martini bar. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!