WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakeland, Florida
“Birthday Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Believe all the great reviews. Hotel is in a great location next to a very upscale mall and plenty of dining options. Husband and I stayed at the hotel for two nights celebrating our birthdays and loved how convenient everything was to the hotel. Hotel itself is updated with a cool Mediterranean vibe. Staff is helpful. Ate breakfast one morning at Pelagia (hotel restaurant) and it was delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted to hear you chose the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel to celebrate your birthdays and were able to enjoy the convenience of International Plaza, the restaurants in Bay Street and our restaurant Pelagia Trattoria! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in a good location. 10 minutes from downtown area and adjacent to an upscale mall with loads of dining options. Rooms aren't very large but they are clean and very nice. Beds are comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to discover the amenities within and around the hotel especially shopping at International Plaza and dining in Bay Street. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

When I first started traveling to Tampa, FL a year and a half ago for business, I tried out several hotels in the area until I came across the Renaissance. From day one, the staff has been the most hospitable group of people I've ever experienced at a hotel. It wasn't long before nearly everyone knew me and welcomed me by name. As cliche as it may sound, it was like family there and I can't thank the staff enough for making my time in Tampa so pleasant. In particular I would like to recognize Elaine and Teresa at the lounge on the 8th floor and Terese, Amy, Lauren, Shane, and John at the front desk. The hotel is located at International Plaza and is attached to a huge mall, and a great strip of restaurants on "Bay Street". It was great being able to just walk to a bunch of food and drink options. The airport is nearby and the hotel has a free shuttle to and from. The gym is well equipped with a variety of machines and free weights. The outdoor pool is heated and there is a hot tub. If you have status, the lounge is on the 8th floor and serves a great breakfast (hot foods too). Even in the evenings, they often have a good selection of even heaver foods, like sandwiches, wraps, pasta, etc. I've found myself eating dinner there many times. Although parking is never really an issue since you have the mall's parking lot to use too (all free), I often parked in the side/back lot and entered the hotel by the ballrooms. There is valet parking too. Since I returned each week, the bell desk never had a problem with me checking a suitcase over the weekends which really helped me travel lighter. I highly recommend this hotel when traveling to Tampa!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mrjwen
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you Mr. Wen for the great review! Elaine, Teresa, Lauren, Therese, Shane, John and I are delighted to hear we were able to accommodate you to make your stay feel like a "home away from home." We know traveling as much as you do can be tough. We appreciate your loyalty with us and look forward to seeing you on your next vacation to Tampa. Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is convenient, and beautiful. The staff rocks! When you check in say hi to Philicia D. and Amy F. They will assist you no matter how big or small the request.

You couldn't ask for better meeting staff than Bill, Alex, Jeff and everyone who assists them. See you in 2014.

Paula F.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for the great response! We are delighted to hear Philicia, Alex, Bill, Jeff and myself were able to assist you to make your stay so accommodating for your meeting. We look forward to seeing you again in 2014 and want to thank you for choosing the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I traveled down to Tampa, FL to attend a Yankees spring training game and I decided on staying at the Renaissance Tampa Hotel. I didn't know exactly what to expect, since I have never stayed at a Renaissance property before. This hotel was great from the moment I arrived to check in. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and made us feel welcomed onto the property...it wasn't just a "How can I help you?" that you normally receive.

As a gold member, I only booked a standard guest room (also because that was the only choice since I booked the government rate) however, my reservation changed to a club level room and since I was early and a club level room wasn't available, the staff got me into a larger king room. I definitely appreciated the larger room over the club level room, especially since the lounge on the club level was not open on the weekends, being on that level made no difference for me.

Overall, I found this hotel to be great. It was close to where I needed and wanted to be and the staff was very friendly and courteous. The only flaw, for me, is there aren't more signs that tell you where to park your car for the hotel. Other than that, the stay was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your loyalty as a Gold member. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel on your next trip to Tampa.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The experience of staying at this hotel is world-class. I was greeted at the front Desk by Therese S. who immediately made me feel like family and provided outstanding and professional service. I then went to the Concierge Lounge and was treated like royalty by Theresa who immediately established an outstanding relationship with me and my guests and made them feel at home. I return to this property regularly because of people like Therese and Theresa. They make me feel like family and even though I am 1,000 miles away from home. I am very grateful for people like this and Marriott should be proud to have ambassadors like these 2 women.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your loyalty and understand traveling so much throughout the year can be tough so to come to a place that feels like a "home away from home" makes traveling a little easier. We are delighted to hear Therese and Theresa are able to make your stay so memorable. We thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a platnium elite member, traveling over 120 nights / year and have very high expectations of the hotels I stay in. My son and I checked in for one night in our baseball spring training adventure. To say this hotel met my expectations is an understatement. The hotel is advertised as a 4 star property, but the incredible, genuine employees make this hotel a 5 star experience. Philicia at the front desk greeted us with a smile and was so thoughtful in ensuring that my son and I had a memorable stay. Front desk also ensured a reservation at Texas De Brazil and provided us with transportation to the restaurant. The stay was perfect. We used the hotel restaurant for breakfast and it was delicious. Fresh fruit, REAL porridge - great service. The rooms are beautiful, fresh , clean and spacious. The hotel is in great shape and a perfect location to the huge shopping center - actually connected to it - lot's of high end stores and restaurants to choose from. The Renaissance has earned my repeat business on all of my future stays to Tampa!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmyF1014, Front Desk Lead at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We appreciate the great review! We are pleased to hear Philicia was able to make your stay so memorable for you and your son and that we have exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty with us. Thank you and we look forward to you returning to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel for your next trip to Tampa.