“I liked it...I guess” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“I liked it...I guess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel partly because i wouldn't have to pay for valet parking. the hotel is located adjacent, actually steps (literally, two small flights of steps) from the Internationa plaza mall. parking for the hotel is a little convoluted. the hotel seems to be in the back of the mall as was the parking but it still seemed like i was always driving to the back of the mall each day. nevertheless, the hotel is convenient to all the restaurants that are in the mall. my wife and i had a lovely time at the english pub at the mall and there were other dining choices to choose from including a food court. the reason we chose this location, other than the free parking, was its proximity to central tampa, clearwater and st. pete. the hotel was also minutes from the airport although there was no discernable airplane rumble. the hotel was clean, elevators were fast, didn't see much staffing at the front of the hotel, fast elevators, decent fitness area (about 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, didn't see bikes, some free weights and one multi function weight machine.) pool was nice as was the whirlpool. both are outdoors which can get hot in the florida sun. internet is not free. free newspapers daily. nice, but all in all, a little non descript. btw, i thought the bed was a tad soft.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank fongghoul
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent visit. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided by the hotel including our newly renovated state-of-the-art Fitness Center. We are fortunate to be located minutes away from beautiful beaches as well as downtown Tampa and adjacent to International Plaza and Bay Street with its numerous retail stores and restaurants. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Arrived early and Goldie very kindly checked us in.We appreciated that so much!Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and smiled every time we walked past.The room was gorgeous,beautiful furnishings,very comfortable bed and beautiful pillows and linen. Bathroom had very nice Aveda toiletries and plenty of fluffy towels.Best of all is that the hotel is connected to the International Plaza,an upscale shopping mall.We enjoyed a bit of shopping and a gorgeous dinner and cocktails at the Cheesecake Factory.Best of all was that we could both enjoy a nice Mojito,as we were able to just stroll back to the hotel instead of having to drive.I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldtravelx4
NinaH066, Guest Relations at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am glad to hear that you found Goldie and the rest of our staff to be helpful .... we certainly take great pride in our associates and the services they provide to our guests. As you discovered, we are fortunate to be in such a great location, connected to International Plaza and Bay Street, where our guests can enjoy the convenience of walking to the multitude of shops and restaurants. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The location is great for anyone ego may not have a car or doesn't want to drive often. Access to fine and casual dining is next door. Shopping upscale is there too. Service was great. Was able to check in early without hassle. Reception was very polite. As far as the room goes, it is pricey. I think this has to do with the fact that the location is versatile (stadiums, ballparks, airport, upscale shopping, dining, bars etc...). The rooms are nicely decorated and the bathroom quite roomy. The room an bed were comfy and adequate. The tv is nice hehe 42". I was sad that there was no fridge in room, but I suppose most people who stay here have money to spend to dine and drink away anyway. I like to have a few brews before bed so that stunted my routine hehe.

Amazingly, you would not notice you were adjacent to an airport. You never hear it. You do hear most traffic in the hallways though.

Overall great hotel. For the amazing price I paid, I would stay again! (note: did not see pool so can't comment on that.)

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Warthog8
Thank you for the great review! We always appreciate hearing positive comments about our staff, services and amenities. Although not all of our rooms are equipped with refrigerators, you may request that one be placed in your room upon arrival. Thanks again for the great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Osprey, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Booked a last minute girl's shopping weekend and chose the Renaissance since it is next to the Plaza. Booked it on the marriott.com site. Arriving early evening on Friday, the portico was packed with cars and a trailer so anticipated a long check-in. Entered lobby and check-in was a breeze. If you are a Rewards member, you are familiar with the profile for your preferrred room type, location and extras. Rarely does the desk clerk refer to your preferences and follow though. But, this clerk not only remembered, but itemized my preferences and said our room had already been prepared. WOW!
Entering the guest room, it was very clean, fresh and nicely decorated. Huge LG flatscreen with lots of channels, extremely comfortable beds, empty fridge in crendenza, and bathroom had stay-on lighting under vanity for late night visits. Computer oval desk on wheels for multiple use was a plus. Only thing missing was a personal safe which was surprising.
Wanting something different for dinner, we visited the congierge. He suggested a fabulous restaurant and arranged the van to transport us. Upon hearing we hadn't received extra glasses from housekeeping yet, he went to get them for us and then offered to send a bottle of wine to our room. When it came, it was accompanied by a plate of brie and small box of crackers.
The pool is off the fabulous gym and surrounded by parking. The interior courtyard would have been a perfect location for the pool.
Valet parking is available, but lots of hotel free spots, too.
The last night we ordered room service since we shopped til we dropped. Dinners arrived promptly and EVERYTHING was still hot and excellent!
Management is on top of running this hotel. Only unfavorable comment is when stopping back at our room to drop off shopping bags at 2:30 in the afternoon, our room had not been attended to. Mentioned to desk when leaving and before we left lobby, she was on the phone with housekeeping to make sure our room was cleaned promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for end of hall room since other guests can be very loud late at night and sound comes through d...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank SRQtravelqueen
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Girl's Shopping Weekend and found the staff, service and amenities at our hotel to be top notch. We take great pride in our staff and the services they provide to our guests. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great Reinassance hotel, it is fairly new so everything is in good shape and modern. The hotel itself is a little generic so I doesn't have much uniquness. The location is very convenient to the airport and Downtown Tampa adn since is right in the international Plazza mall my girlfriend was entretained all day while I was away working... There are also plenty of good restaurants and bars (Blue Martini one of my favorite bars is just steps away from the hotel. The concierge lounge had a good selection for both breakfast and afternoon food presentations. I will definetely come back to this hotel and recomend!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank favargas
raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I traveled to this hotel in June 2011 for business. The lobby/hotel bar area is nice. Never saw the pool or the restaurant. The rooms were also very nice. Now the issues-the hotel advertises a free shuttle service from Tampa International Airport. My flights were significantly delayed. I called the hotel to verify the length of time the shuttle service ran. I was told the service ran until 1am and that all I needed to do was call when I landed. I landed at 12:40am and immediately called the hotel. At which point I was told the shuttle service had ended but if I grabbed a taxi they would pay. I did and they did not. So was not happy about that. Next issue-according to the express breakfast card if I put my card about by 2am-breakfast would be delivered to my room at my requested time. It was not. Overall-a very lovely property, but definitely has some service issues.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cdaae
Stenhousemuir, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed here on the last night of our vacation (11th June) and found it to be absolutely perfect. The hotel was very busy due to the Gold Cup being at the Raymond James Stadium. Some of the officials and several fans were staying at the hotel, even though it was busy every single staff member we encountered provided excellent friendly service.

We found it really handy for good bars and restaurants and for shopping at International Plaza, all are right outside the hotel. The rooms are a good size and well laid out with small fridge and safe. We ordered room service Pizza which was excellent and delivered within 15 minutes.

We will definitely stay here again and cannot praise the staff highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high floor with courtyard view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple