“Awesome facility!”

Ranked #38 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Venice
“Awesome facility!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have visited this location many times but never had the opportunity to stay in the hotel. My friend came to visit me for the first time and wanted to do some gambling. What better place to stay and play! So, I was wowed by my first stay - absolutely fabulous room with all the amenities one could imagine - as was my friend. The entire experience was great! All staff members were friendly and efficient, but Margarita at the hotel desk was exceptional! Can't wait for our next stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thanks for the shout out to our team member, we simply love when our guests do that. Thank you for the comments and we look forward to you spending another night with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here in early February and really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are modern and clean but a little pricey for what you get. I gamble so it was nice to have the casino right off the elevator. They gave me a discount because I am a regular player. The only problem was the smoke is horrible. I know it goes with the territory in a casino but my clothes and luggage smelled like smoke when I got home the next day.Great security in the hotel section which made me feel comfortable late at night going to my room since there are some seedy drunk people hanging out in the casino. All the employees are very friendly and the dealers are friendlier than vegas. There are about 6 restaurants and they are all very good. If you have a players card they will send you discounts in the mail for food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We're sorry the smoke was bothersome to you, we understand on days we are extremely full it could be a little smokier than other times and we apologize for the inconvenience. We do value the health and comfort of all of our guests, perhaps visit us on another time in the summer when we may not be as busy? Thanks again for the review, we look forward to see you.
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here last Tuesday and I was very impressed. The room was quite large with an ultra modern bathroom that was great to use. We had a balcony although it was small so we were able to get a little fresh air. We ate at *The Green Room* for dinner and the food was fairly average albeit a little pricey.
It was great to be able to gamble for a while and then go back to our room. The pool area looked very nice but unfortunately we hadn't planned ahead and brought our suits. We would like to back again sometime if we can get a reasonable rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We're so grateful you chose to come and stay here and want to come back. That's what our hard work is for! We can't wait to see you again.
Ocala
Reviewed January 30, 2013

everyone was very friendly with us, this was our second year of having an overnight stay.
everythng in our room was very clean and beutiful. it was relaxing up in our room. we were
greeted at the desk when we checked in, she was very attentative with us and also very friendly.
the food at the harvest room upstairs was great. So many choices and your staff was so friendly.
we had another couple with us for just the day. they also remarked on the service and the food
upstairs. they will come again when they are in the area. they are snowbirds. I wish there was
a big room for non-smokers. your the little candy guitars that are on your bed when you go up
for the night are "cute" you couldn't ask for a better casino! we are going again in the near future.
it's an easy place to get into off the highway. very conveinent.
we do not have facebook. otherwise we would send a photo and name

Room Tip: we haven't stayed over too many nights, but the rooms that we have had were all excellent. it d...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
First off, congratulations on an amazing milestone, 31 years anniversary is amazing. Thank you for spending it with us! We can't wait to see you again.
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second overnight stay in this very nice Hotel. And both times I felt like I was in paradise. Its more than an overnight stay it is a fantastic experience. If you want to be pampered and spoiled then you definitely want to stay at the Hard Rock. They turn your bed down and they place a candy on your pillow. Its a very classy Hotel. We had dinner in the Council Oak Steak House and the food could not have been better. The restaurant was a little pricey but the price of the food was comparable to the quality of the food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We love how much you love us. We love you right back. And thank you for your review and patronage. We hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

came to the hardrock expecting to wander during my 2 night stay not expecting much thinking it was an ordinary casino but was i wrong! as soon as i walked in i was greeted at the front desk by yvette whose cheerful and friendly disposition immediatly brightened my day, she immedietly signed me in and gave me specific details about where my room and elevators location was. she also directed me to dining areas should i need to eat. knowing all this i put my luggage in my room and headed to the all you can eat buffet up stairs and had one of the best meals of my life! entricate gourmet dishes from all the corners of the world i was blown away (and full). after i headed to downstairs in search of the blackjack tables so i approached the front desk and yvette was there with a smile on her face and directed me right to them. very impressed with the organization, professionalism, and more importantly friendliness of the staff. i enjoyed my stay and felt at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Isn't she the best? Thanks for the comments. Ivette is certainly an asset to the team, and we're so grateful to have her. Thanks for your review, we hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I came in on a Thursday night. The casino was very busy and it was difficult to find parking. We had planned to play some slots and then have dinner in the Hard Rock Cafe, but we found out that it was closed due to a Rick Springfield concert. We went to the buffet, but it had a huge line. We then went onto the Council Oak restaurant. It had a 1 hour wait but were told we could be seated in the lounge, which we did. Our server was very pleasant and although she was very busy, she made sure we had everything we needed. The food was outstanding. My husband and I each had the filet and it was delirious. The best part of sitting in the lounge was the entertainment. There was a young girl who was simply sensational. The music was perfect for the room and it completed out dining experience. Being new to this area, this was our first time here and we would come back but maybe on a slower evening like a Sunday or Monday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Council Oak is one of our gems here at Seminole Hard Rock and we're so glad you enjoyed yourself. Depending on the promotions or events we have going on, sometimes we are busy. But parking is plentiful and so we do hope you visit us again on a different night. We look forward to see you again.