“I expected more”

Ranked #41 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta,Ga
“I expected more”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ive only given this hotel three stars because it simply was not for me. The grounds and room was beautiful. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or profession, but it was clear when I walked in the door, I was not the intended clientele. For starters, you have to fight your way through the smoke filled lower level to get to the concierge/receptionist. This is completely unsat for those of us that don't smoke or don't appreciate non-designated smoking areas. The smoke was so thick that not only did I choke several times, my eyes started watering from the hazy atmosphere. Then there was someone's hair in our bathroom - meaning hair in the sink and shower walls! (This is where my expectations were completely let down due to the caliber of hotel.) My party and I visited the food court (after again fighting out way through the smoke and older individuals) - we purchased a variety of food. I must admit the pizza and the cookie from the Rise bakery were my favorites. The Asian theme spot gave very generous portions but the rice was so bland that I only ate two forkfuls. At around 5 pm, someone decided that would be a good idea to vacuum the entire floor and I heard their every move! (I still don't understand that one!) Similarly, I could hear each and every time someone allowed their door to slam! It was quite an eventful trip! Luckily for me and the Hard Rock, the bill was paid for by my party!!

Room Tip: I would suggest going to another hotel - unless you're a smoker or will be in the game rooms all...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We're sorry to hear you were not completely satisfed with your stay with us. While we understand the casino environment is not for everyone, we appreciate you taking the time to write us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Babson Park, Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Thank you for a very enjoyable stay. The staff was wonderful. Yvette at the check in desk was wonderful and really went out of her way to make things especially great for us. I own a hotel and resort in Central Florida and appreciate quality staff as you have in Yvette. Thank You again Steve Campbell

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
we wouldn't be great if it wasn't for our amazing team members. thank you for recognizing Ivette. she really is the best.
Spring Hill, Florida, USA
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Rooms are excellent and quiet.
Best beds and sheets in any hotel.
Coffee machines in the room are great.
Real cups would have made the coffee taste better.
Security to the rooms is excellent.
The massages in the Rock Spa are wonderful---
Take time to try out the steam room and the pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of high quality and this is our third visit.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doreen W
Rock on. Seems you had a great time with us. Can't wait to see you again. Thanks for the comments!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I'm in my deluxe hotel room right now and the room is fabulous. Whirlpool tub right in room is big enough for two. Room service on time and delicious. The thought of leaving this room saddens me. Council oak steakhouse filet mignon cooked to perfection.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank scjerseycity
Thank you for taking the time to write your great comments. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you come back soon.
Swainsboro, Georgia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

first of all this review is from two casino goers with 35 years experience visiting virtually all major properties in las vegas, atlantic city, biloxi, tunica, as well as nassau, puerto rico, etc. we have siginificant perspective as to how some of the most elite resort casinos offer their patrons service, gaming amenities, etc. having said this, the seminole hard rock resort and casino was nothing short of impressive.
when we arrived the front desk had us in our room in short order. we had requested a nonsmoking king bed. and found our room to be exactly as requested. very comfortable bed , a high quality panisonic 42 in. flat screen tv, a very spacious bathroom, and a great view from the 9th floor. so far so good. after reading every last one of the reviews of this property, i must disclose i was expecting far less than what the resort delivered.
after settling into our room, we headed straight to the casino floor. we walked around most of the casino floor , and were quite impressed by their slot machine offerings as well as their table games. from a purely gaming aspect this casino rates quite favorably with most of the better vegas and atlantic city resorts. we played slots for several hours over 2 days and had several noteable wins the largest of which was a $4000 jackpot win on a blazing 7s machine as well as several wins of 400 to 850. i played a lot of blackjack and had ups and downs as is the norm in this great casino game. my blackjack playing cut into our slot wins on this trip, but we have been on many casino trips where blackjack has "saved our bacon". some words of wisdom here, casinos are great destinations for relaxation and thrills for those who are gamblers at heart. if you are then seminole hard rock is a great gaming venue. in my opinion a gaming resort owes the patron nothing more or less than first class slot gaming and table gaming presented with quality personnel. my wife and i feel the seminole hard rock delivered this to a very high level. folks this casino floor is huge even by vegas standards [ think somewhere between mgm and caesars casino floor space] yes, virtually every casino in the world still embraces smoking as does seminole hard rock. my wife and i are nonsmokers, but recoginize this is just the way things are. we don't let it interfere with our enjoyment of casinos. at the end of the day sure your clothing will smell "smoky", but take a shower and put on fresh clothing and ''you're good to go".
we ate breakfast in the green room, it was excellent no disappointments at all. we also ate at the fresh harvest buffet. here the food was varied and excellent as well. we also ate at the hard rock cafe, and the food there was up to typical hard rock standards [very good]. we didn't make it to the council oaks restaurant, we'll do this on our next trip here.
the only thing we missed here was no ongoing live shows although they do have concerts on occasion. they did have a band in the hard rock cafe both friday and saturday night as well as well as a small group playing at a bar at the edge of the casino floor. the music in the casino was at a good level and was mostly rock hits of the 70s, 80s, etc just to our liking. no loud blaring music here at leat not in our opinion.
as others have said the security here is excellent, perhaps as good as anybody. nowhere else have i ever had a security officer at the elevator to the hotel ask to swipe my room key to verify my status. some might say this is over the top, but in this day and time its very comforting. the resort personel were always very cordial in response to our needs and questions. again in every aspect within the scope of their operation we both feel they are first rate.
in closing , my wife and i feel seminole hard rock hotel and casino to be a worthy destination for fellow casino lovers. the tampa fl. area is beautiful in and of itself, and the addition of this resort to the area's attractions only enhances it's allure. yes, tampa, as well as the state of florida can be very proud of the seminole hard rock hotel and casino.
phil & carolyn b.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 9th floor and had a great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank phillip b
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Wow, what a thorough review. We kindly want to thank you for your comments and we appreciate your feedback so much. We hope other guests who are thinking about coming here are sold based off of your review. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you again soon.
Odessa, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very good hotel: high end rooms with comfortable beds/hi-tech tv & audio system, very good choice of restaurants, and for the gambler in you-a huge selection of slots and table games. One of the areas of service that I respect the most is the security, I always feel safe at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel. Also, if you ever need any information or help - the conceirge desk is amazing, especially one lady, named Jackie.

Room Tip: Higher floors have some beautiful views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PBONL
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Safety is our first and foremost concern for all of our guests. We're so happy you feel secure while you're here. That's the idea! The rooms are truly a rockin' experience, we're glad you were able to enjoy your stay. Can't wait to see you again..
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have reviewed several of the poor and terrible reviews of this hotel/casino: it appears to me that the reviewers were really just poor losers. I have stayed at this venue on several occassions--most recently the weekend of Dec. 6-9. Had a wonderful time. In fact, it is the only hotel/casino that I know that will allow pets. That is a advantage over other casinos in the region--includin Tunica and Biloxi (although I wish the pet fee was quite so high). I wish other hotel/casinos would allow pets. Also, the staff was very helpful and accomodating. Also the beds were wonderful. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DakotasMom2002
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform others of the great time you spent with us. Yes we love your furry friends as much as you do, and we even offer a pet menu. We're so happy you and your pet enjoyed your stay. Woofieeee! See you soon.