“Slot 'til You Drop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
ocean ridge, fl
“Slot 'til You Drop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you are a slots person and finally have to fall into bed, what better place than right where you are? The rooms are high end style w/ great beds/bedding, neutral colors, vessels sinks + touches of "rocker" art work. Soundproofing is excellent and the security to get into the hotel area was A++++, important for me since I was traveling alone.

I had to go over to Tampa in early Nov., so requested a comp from the east coast Hollywood Hard Rock where I usually play, which was granted with a promise to send confirmation by e-mail. When that never came, I called and they said "they don't send confirmations", so had to get that info by phone, but they were expecting me when I checked in, so I worried for naught.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank palmwarbler
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
So happy to hear you had a great time with us, and look forward to hosting you again here. Our casino definitely has lot of wonderful games, team members that help you for whatever you need, and a killer hotel. ;)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Actually, quite a few times than "Part Deux," I have been quite a few times, but since some of their recent expansions I thought it was time to give another updated opinion.
Let's go simple to start.
Casino - Huge
Pool - Small
Spa - Small
Restaurants - Big and small, good and bad.
Rooms - Pricey but nice, high end lux, even a standard.
Things nearby - Nothing within walking distance.

The casino itself is massive and broken into quite a few sections, so just keep wandering. They have most all table games EXCEPT craps and roulette, but they do have electronic/mechanical versions. Overall, slot pay is decent, better than in past when seemed tight, but there is luck to be found. Lots of pennies and two cent machines. High limit isn't bad, but should be looser for high limit.
The food in the food court is to be expected, weak. The Buffet is good, very good. Council Oak Steakhouse is top of the line. The Rise Bakery is good. Hard Rock Cafe is, well, the Hard Rock Cafe.
Pool is a straight lap pool. Nothing spectacular.
Room are super nice and clean with crisp white sheets.

It's now the 4th largest casino in the USA, 6th in the world, it's big.

Only missing a shopping venue (could have used the ground or top floors of garages to do it) and a Hard Rock Live concert venue, other than that, great weekend or few days away from it all.

Room Tip: High up, end of hall, pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DKimmey
Thanks for the review, we do have three stores on site, the Hard Rock Retail Store, the Rock Shop and even the Rainmaker. Our Body Rock Spa also sells exclusive items like pool wear, top of the line flip flops, lotions, and other accessories. We hope you visit us again soon and get lucky!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and always enjoy! The rooms are large and extremely clean. The bed very comfortable. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Plus, love the slot machines downstairs!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anina1
We're so happy you enjoy our AAA Four Diamond hotel, we certainly work hard to earn that recognition just for you. Look forward to see you again soon!
florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Hard to understand the Hard Rocks rooms. Te beds are great but the bathrooms are all style with poor function. If you share a room and your partner uses the bathroom sink then expect light and noise. There is no door between the bedroom and the sink area. There are glass windows above the sink so it is impossible not to disturb a sleeping person if you turn on the light over the sink. In addition to the light, the plumbing is the loudest I have ever heard. Run water in the sink for 20 seconds and then listen to it gurgle down the pipes for the next 2 minutes!

Want a cold shower-too bad. Want a really hot shower-also too bad. The poor function continues with a one template re only shower fixture (very warmish to a little bit hotish) with very low water pressure. Also, the toilet and shower area is behind a thin frosted glass sliding door so, once again, lots of noise and light to bother anyone else who happens to be in the room!

Hotel hallways and public spaces are also chilled to meat locker temps so, despite delightful 74 degrees outside on a sunny November day, pack a coat or sweater to walk around this hotel!

Stayed November 2012
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We're so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the rooms as much as we would have liked for you, thanks for the comments. We've never really received a note about our water fixtures as i'm not sure that's a recurring issue, however i'll be sure to alert our hotel management. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and tell us about your stay.
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay here and can highly recommend it! The rooms were exceptionally clean, well appointed and extremely comfortable. To further enhance my stay were the staff; two ladies at the front desk in particular; Dawn and Yvette. From a warm welcome to their overall professionalism, knowledge about the property and pleasant personalities, it truly added to my stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bryon123
We wouldn't be who we are without our team members. Thank you for their recognition and for your comments about your wonderful stay!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I received a free one night stay from the Player's Club and had to go. It was only valid for a Tuesday night so my fiance and I rearranged our schedule so we could go. The room was very nice, the bed was heavenly and it was nice and quiet. We also had a food credit so we had dinner at Fresh Harvest. We've eaten there plenty of times and have always enjoyed it. After we headed downstairs to gamble. If you go on the far side of the casino past the front desk they have table games with a $5 buy-in. The other side the min is $25 a hand. I played the slots while my fiancé played blackjack. We had a nice night of it. In the morning we had breakfast at the Green Room. Also very tasty. After that we checked out and hit the pool for a few hours. Being late October it as a cool morning so we had the pool mostly to ourselves. Very clean and nice. Between the room and the food credit we saved $200, although between the two of us that's about what we lost gambling so it was a wash. Still I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mindelicious
Thank you for your comments, we're so happy to hear you had a wonderful time here with us and can't wait to see you again.
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am a Florida resident who has frequented the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa since they opened with the "bingo" slot machines. I can't even count how many times I have gambled there (also at Immokalee), and used to receive free room offers (2 nights per month). I am a platinum Players Card member. For the past three months - I have received NO offers of a free room. And now, I have not even received the monthly mailing with $40 property credit, free play, etc. The last time I went, I spoke with a Casino Host who IMPLIED that since the casino has expanded and the hotel hasn't, they are limiting their number of free rooms - obviously to "special" guests. I find this very insulting, as I am a "middle-of-the-road" gambler - I don't spend thousands on each visit, but I am a steady player, and have been for years! I get better comps in Las Vegas (which I don't get to as often) and still receive offers from Foxwoods in CT! I hate to be put in the position of "begging" for a free room - so basically, I am not a "high-roller" according to their standards, and the free rooms/comps are not for me. So I guess that's it for Tampa! On a better note, on our numerous stays at the hotel, we found the rooms great - Buffet should offer more selections.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rtk56
We are very limited in space in our rooms. While we base offers on various criteria, we strive to ensure that all of our guests are able to enjoy more offers, more frequently. Unfortunately that means sometimes we are unable to offer rooms due to the fact we only have a 250 small boutique hotel. We do value your opinions and patronage and want to thank you for your continued visit to our casino, and thank you for understanding.