“love the hard rock casino and hotel”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
Ranked #30 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 12, 2012

greeted like an old friend by Dawn Lueuk. always feel welcome especially love that we can take our dog frankie with us! all the people at the front desk are great, but we always feel special when dawn checks us in. the rooms are great, the food is great, especially the Rock and Raw sushi joint! their food is to die for, best chinese food!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GeorgeLanokaHarbor
There are newer reviews for Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I took 2 of my guy friends to HardRock to celebrate. We bought 2 rounds of drinks, and one for a lady we met at the bar who was gambling with her husband, they were also from NY. Then we went on to play slots with our $20 coupons that we got from a hotel advertisement. We signed up as members. My one friend, Tedd, threw $100 on his card and started playing. By the time I figured out how the dang machine worked, it had taken all of my money on my card, and I hadn't even gambled~ And I've played slots with a professional gambler in Vegas. My other friend played out his $20, it was in 2 minutes. No biggie, it was a bonus. He and I proceeded to the blackjack table. We are both novices at the game, but I, no novice to a party. I lit it up when we sat down. The other 3 guys that were already playing were more that happy to give pointers on the plays. One guy was going to leave, but stayed after I sat down. (he quickly left after we left the table later) I only placed $40, and my friend another $20. We are novices afterall, still learning. We then ordered drinks, as I do at any casino in the USA. By then, I had the table to a new level, helping the other players to win, a new trick I had learned. The dealer was cool, she was very kind and helpful. I even got to spin a Vanna White for more wins! The waitress passed by and asked us for a drink order. We still had ours, but ordered 2 more. When she came back, she charged us for our drinks. WHAT??? Only Casino that I've ever been charged drinks at a table where I was playing. I consider myself a novice, but definitely not my first rodeo cowboys! We left the table. Off to find our friend, who was buying more drinks and spending more money on slots. The drinks are affordable, it's not the point. the point is, if I brought people, who are spending money, and I'm spending money, why was I treated poorly?????? I actually have brought more people out to the casino, and that should be rewarded, not scammed. Haven't been back since. Way to scumbag a good nite Hard Rock.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brigette H
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hello, thanks for sharing your experience. While we respect other gaming destinations and the business decisions they make, We are a commuter casino, most of our guests drive here and do not stay here. Unlike other destinations, there are not other areas closeby to walk, therefore we partnered with our local law enforcement offices to ensure safety first in regards to our alcohol policy. We are recipients of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office Responsible Alchohol Vendor Award for our efforts and are proud of this recognition.Thank you for understanding.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a fantastic stay. Although smoking was allowed in the resort, our non-smoking floor and room were perfectly fine. Awesome room, heavenly bed, great shower and water pressure. Modern and well-appointed room. We had so much fun just spending one night at the Hard Rock. Food was good and hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. We stayed mid-week but had so much fun, it felt like a weekend night out. We will definitely return.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Sounds like you had a rockin good time, which is exactly what we love to hear. Our AAA Four Diamond rooms are luxuriously appointed and deserve their long standing reputation for one of the best hotels around. We're so happy you loved your stay and can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I lost 5k and only received 2 bonus rounds playing "penny slots". This is not gambling and there is nothing "random" abot it. These are rigged video machines. You have no chance and there is littl fun to be had. Just look around at the lack of smiling faces.

Not recommended for family, fun, or gambling...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Verginer C
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had a truly enjoyable stay. The room was great. Very clean and well appointed.
The entire complex was very well maintained and we were always commenting on how
clean and well kept everything was.Every staff member was great and exremely helpful. I felt it was the best Hotel/Casino I have stayed at.
I'll be back again and again.....

Room Tip: I doubt you could go wrong with any room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rickmilford
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

You have no idea how happy it makes us to know you enjoyed yourself while you stayed with us, thank you so much for offering your valuable, wonderful experience. We can't wait til you rock with us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We went out to the Hard Rock for a concert and before hand decided to spend the night. This is around the forth time we have stayed there. At $145 for the room, I could not go wrong. Great place with everything you would want. The Council Oak steak house is one of the best in the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Is it rude that we toot our own horn a bit? We love our crown jewel Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is hands down the BEST steakhouse in Tampa, be sure to tell your friends. Our rooms are pretty stellar too ;) SO happy to hear you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A great experience from the start!. Hotel check in is quick and easy. Staff friendly and professional. Rooms are clean, airy and very comfortable. Refrigerator was provided for my husbands meds at no additional charge. Music throughout the property is cool. The Cafe serves great high quality burgers at reasonable prices. Gaming is average but the beverage servers are very friendly and the overall atmosphere makes for a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Sounds like music to our ears! Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us, we can't wait to see you again.