“I am NOT a motel person....”

Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Ranked #41 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Senoia, Georgia
“I am NOT a motel person....”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The motel was booked by my employer and let me say I was NOT happy about it. I don't like motels, and if I was paying I would have gladly spent the extra money to stay in a real hotel. That being said....as far as motels go, this Ramada is very well kept.

The rooms are very clean, and exactly what you'd expect in a motel. The bed was uncomfortable - I'm not sure what the problem was, but it had no "give". I think it had passed its prime. But it was clean, with lots and lots of pillows (I, thankfully, brought my own from home, so I can't comment on the comfort level). The couch in the room was also clean, but very uncomfortable to sit on - very saggy. The bathroom facilities were adequate, the shower was great - nice water pressure and great shower head. Fridge and microwave were appreciated.

The pool area is probably the nicest feature. It was very clean and well kept.

Breakfast is included and is your typical fare...cereal, milk, waffles, fruit. Seemed nice. There is a patio area off the main lobby, also nice. The fitness room, oddly enough, smelled like cigarettes - not sure how many fitness buffs smoke while working out, but apparently someone does.

The cleaning and maintenance staff were always out and about cleaning and maintaining - I actually saw the maintenance guy taking apart outdoor lights to clean inside of them... big thumbs up.

So, while I don't like motels, I guess as far as motels go this would be a good one. If you like motels, I'd say book it.

Room Tip: The east side of the motel faces a quiet apartment complex, while the west side faces an iHop and th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our facility. I understand that you would prefer more of a hotel rather than a motel. I am glad that your overall stay was satisfactory. The entire staff strives to maintain Excellent Customer Service while Maintaining the highest level of quality. We have made many improvements over the last few years knowing that this motel is an older property. I am glad you did take the time to write a lengthy review which gives us a chance to address other issues.

If you do have any questions or suggestions please feel to contact me directly by email at allan@ramadatampa.com.

Best Regards
Allan Keller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Went there for two nights because of a concert and was last minute. Was unsure about it from some of the previous reviews but I am really surprised it turned out to be a decent hotel. We had no trouble it was quiet. Room service was always around to clean and the rate was excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

The entire staff is pleased to read that your stay was an excellent one. I am glad that you did decide to stay with us. I realize that you have many hotels in the area to choose from. The entire staff does its very best to provide the Best Customer Service possible and to maintain high levels of quality.

Thank yo for taking time to write a review on trip advisor and hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards
Tampa
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stay was pleasant, room was clean, outside area was average. Pool looked inviting but was not used. Breakfast area was clean but small, was well stocked and coffee was tasteful and hot. Would stay there again on future trips to the Tampa area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Ramada Hotel Temple Terrace last month.

We are please to read that you did enjoy your stay with us and the entire staff and I hope to see you again in the near future.

The entire team strives to provide Excellent Customer Service and Maintain the Highest level of Quality possible.

If you have any comments or suggestions to better improve our hotel please do not hesitate to email me at allan@ramadatampa.com.

Regards
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This is 1 of 3 hotels we stayed in during a trip to Tampa. We were pleased with the amenities:
Free continental breakfast
Free wifi
Swimming Pool

The room was pretty clean, although it was evident the carpet could use a good wash. Everything worked just fine for us and we had no complaints. Location was very convenient for us. It's nice that the IHOP is in the same parking lot. The employees were friendly and courteous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014