“Would expect better from a chain hotel”

Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Ranked #42 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
London, United Kingdom
“Would expect better from a chain hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The first thing I noticed as I drove into the parking lot was a sign displaying the legend 'NO SOLICITING'. This should ring alarm bells with families if not anybody else. The reception and dining area is pretty basic.

The layout is very 'motel' style, the rooms are not located within a building, more like a block of flats, but they have a nice external appearance. There is a nice pool, a laundry room and ice machine within that room.

Inside my room, the general look isn't that bad at all, very nice indeed, with clean microwave and fridge... but the air conditioning provided a damp scent. Also contained within the unit was an easily visible food container with some food still inside (I'm not queasy but that drove me close). One of the bed cushions had the smell of perfume on it, and although that is at least a pleasant smell, I wondered what other smells or body particles/fluids may have not been cleaned away for my visit. The iron was missing the water cover so it was unusable and once the ironing board was folded out I couldn't refold it. These things made the stay extremely disappointing despite the potential of a tidy looking room.

The parking space, although not exclusively for guests (available for all) is ample, and free.

There is an ihop restaurant next door, and is located close to Busch Gardens. They do a complimentary breakfast, but I didn't have any as I was too eager to visit Busch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your ldoging needs. I also thak you for the review. It opens up the area of guests' concerns & helps us take corrective action. "No Soliciting' sign is for the pizza fliers. Surrounding area Pizza outlets use nearby hotels to put fliers in the room to get guest business. This is an unapproved solicitation & local Law enforcement suggested to all the Hotels to put up such signs at few palces on the property. About the airconditioning, the Housekeeping Department put some freshener in a small container to dispense the fragrance in the room. I have such articles removed from the A/C unit. I am blessed with good team in Housekeeping Department as also at the Front Desk & Maintenance. If any one knew about the Iron or Board they could have provided you with a new iron & helped fold the Board. I hope to see you again in future with friends & family. Thank you once again for your business as also the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Luray, Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

super hotel, staff, and pool. i was very pleased in every way with my stay here. was the first time i stayed in this hotel and in this area. staff was wonderful, very caring and helpful. rooms, pool,grounds, etc. were very clean and well maintained. i recommend this hotel for everyone!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are the best! good view of the beautiful nearby foliage.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the generous review. Now that you have found us & had a good stay with us, I am sure I can count on your future business with family & friends. It is the review of satisfied guests like you who helps us garner new clientele. I am blessed with a good team & most guests' reviews help us stay motivated. Once again, thank you for your business as also the review.
Palm City, FL 34990
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The noise was so loud I did not sleep nor my wife. I know this is a Colliege town but this Hotel needs alot of inprovement.
!. TV is 20 years old and much to small to watch the news in the morning.
2.Service was very nice.
Juan Cupertino
3457 S.W. Pindo Palm Lane
Palm City, FL 34990

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Pine Valley, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

All the basics in an American chain "motor lodge", no surprises, no disappointments: clean, quiet, hot water, very nice landscaping, good beds, speedy check-in, excellent parking, spacious, good TV, close to restos, etc.; one of the benefits of American life: by international standards, a lot at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RogerDR26
Palm Bay
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I came to Tampa to kayak and this motel was perfect. Rooms were clean, location perfect, staff extremely helpful, pool was clean and towels were furnished at the pool for the pool, grounds were very well manicured. I would definately recommend this motel to my friends, family and people who read this review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My favorite hotel to stay when going to Busch Gardens. The park is very close by. Very easy hotel to find because its so close to the I75. The beds were so comfortable and the room is spacious. Pool is located front of every room. IHOP Restaurant on location.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BPongBoys
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. Proximity to all Interstates & to the theme parks is really comes in handy when you have to finish the entire park in a day or two. Morover, you can, time permitting, cover MOSI, Florida FAirgrounds & Casino in the evening. Again, IHOP next door is 24/7. All my colleagues thank you for the feed back & look forward to your future visit to Tampa & to us.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I had a great week staying there. Easy to get everywhere Bush Garden, Mosi museum. The continental breakfast was great and the place is well kept from the rooms to the pool. Can use an upgrade on their laundry facility.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Abb67
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your & yours family stay & I am glad you had a good stay with us. I request you to share with me your idea of upgrade. I may want to see if that's possible to manage with in the available area, then I amy want to go ahead & try. Proximity to theme parks & Florida Fair Grounds, Amphi Theaters & Casino (only seven miles) helps us with the repeat guests also. Once again, thank you for your business & we will look forward to your future visits to Tampa & to us.