Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at this property on August 22, 2014 for two nights. It was a wonderful experience. Check in was fast and the gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant to speak to. When I arrived at my room I was pleased with the size of the room and the amenities. Everything was spotless and in order. I slept very well and could not hear other guests in the halls or in any rooms adjacent to mine. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and felt it had a variety of everything. This property is also conveniently located near many restaurants and a movie theater. I recommend this hotel and I will definitely be staying here again my next visit to Tampa!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank EliTorres
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Eli,

Thank you for being our guest! I am happy to hear that our our team rpovided a fantastic experience.

We appreciate your 5-Star recommendation for our future guests and we hope to see you again soon.

Happy Travels!

George Sandona, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights in summer with the family while visiting Busch Gardens. Very conveniently located literally opposite Busch garden. Also located right in the middle of so many restaurants and eateries. Made the family stay very easy. I would recommended to family travellers and also Buscj Garden visitors.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Danjuma O
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Nice,

Thank you for recommending our hotel. I am happy that we were able to provide your family with a comfortable stay and that you were able to enjoy the surrounding restaurants.

We wish you more happy travels and hope that you will return soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Reasonable price! Near everything! Excellent customer service! No sweat check in! Excellent breakfast! Clean....cleaner...cleanest! Shld be #1 hotel in Tampa! The room with a feel of good vibes! The staff are always smiling!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Mia500
Dear Mia,

Thank you for the nomination for #1 Hotel in Tampa. Your review leaves me smiling!

Our team works tirelessly to provide the best in hospitality. Our best reward is when our guests can feel that commitment. I will be sure to share your compliments on the cleanliness with our award-winning housekeeping team today.

Please come back and stay with us again soon!

FORT WALTON BEACH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were in town specifically for Busch Gardens and didn't realize the package we purchased from BG put us at this location until we tried to check in at the wrong hotel. So, unfortunately, this review is a bit skewed as we were most upset about being so far out. This location is approx 9 mi from Busch Gardens, and the traffic in between is horrendous. Our room was very nice and had everything we needed, including plenty of space for our things. Ample lighting and great black-out drapes. Nice flat screen TV, beds & bedding VERY comfy, and great accessible receptacles for electronics. Wife spotty in room & had to sign in with a pass code every day. Nice size three-piece bath, but in order to take a shower that wasn't too HOT, you had to practically turn off the water which made your pressure negligible. No towel bars. Only saw drink vending machines - most purchases to be had were furnished by the hotel and were very expensive. Two excellent working computers near lobby. Complimentary ice cream (Klondike Bar or Fatboy Sandwich) between 8 - 10 at night. Landscaping beautiful. Very nice-looking building, grounds and heated pool. Several nice seating areas with tables and chairs. Nice exercise room with working equipment. Breakfast was outstanding with a lot of choices due to a rotating menu (in addition to their daily cinnamon rolls), and good coffee. A few eating places within walking distance, but you'd need a car as area is spread out. This hotel is located in an area being built out called NEW Tampa.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank windgail
Dear Gail,

Thank you for the recommendation of our hotel, and the detailed review. We are happy to have served you!

We understand that our distance from Busch Gardens may be a challenge, but it is our humble opinion that New Tampa offers the best overall stay and area amenities near Busch Gardens - as a matter of fact, most of us live here!

You mention a couple of things that you would like to see improved and I appreciate your thoughtful and candid feedback. If I can personally assist you on any future stay, please feel free to call on me directly.

Again, thank you for staying and posting your review - it would be my honor to serve you again!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We can only echo every other fantabulous review left for this hotel. We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Busch Gardens package. All the staff were extremely friendly, informative and helpful. We met the VERY lovely George every day, he came to chat with us and gave us some fab info regarding the park and some insider tips! He was very keen to make sure we were happy with everything - it's not often the management of any company take time to do that! The room was huge, with 2 extremely comfy beds, a sofa, a desk and chair, fridge and microwave. The breakfast was delish, with so much choice, from fruit, porridge, cooked brekkie, pastries, cereals and my fave the hot cinnamon rolls. You cannot fail to find something that suits and for free, well, its fab. There is free ice cream every night between 8pm and 10pm. The UK hotels could seriously learn a thing or 2 from George and his hard working team!!!! We have not been to Tampa since 1992 because quite frankly our last visit there was not a nice experience (I felt very unsafe and vowed never to return) but honestly I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Thank you for changing my mind!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Emma G
Dear Emma,

As far as I'm concerned - you're the famous one! You made it all of the way from Swindon, after all.

Seriously, though, it was a pleasure to serve your family and to help scrub that "old Tampa" impression and give to a shiny one in New Tampa :).

Thank you very much for the 5-Star Recommendation, for finding us, and allowing us to provide a happy experience. We hope to see you again on your next Florida holiday!

Wishing you the best,
George
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Beautiful hotel good staff great drinks clean what else is there. Booked online with hotels.com charged 124 per night got an email from aaa, I'm a member, checked them out 79 bucks same room same night. True story, stay here it's really worth the trouble.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank alarmed7
Dear Alarmed,

Thanks so much for staying with us! We are grateful to have earned your 5 Star and your hearty recommendation.

It is an honor to have served you and we hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Happy Travels,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Don't let the word "Express" fool you, this is a TOP NOTCH hotel that takes customer service to the highest level!!!!
- upon check in they give you a FREE beer! It was by BDay so they gave me 2
- good breakfast in the am and ice cream bar at night
- the most comfortable feather pillows EVER & they sell them for only $12

This was my first time in Tampa, when i return this is were I will stay 100%

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your praise! I am glad that we made your birthday better. Our goal is for every guest to feel the red carpet under their feet on arrival. I am so glad that this was your experience. And a little ice cream before bed doesn't hurt either!

I hope that you are enjoying the pillows and that you will be back soon to enjoy Tampa!

Happy Travels,