This hotel definitely provides first class- five star service. The staff is superior to most hotels that I stay in. Breakfast was good. One notch above what is generally provided at other Holiday Inns. I was scared to eat the food though because my room was so dirty-- I thought maybe the kitchen would be dirty too. I stayed in mid-August just passing through Tampa and location was convenient to I-75. I was given room 312 (I believe) and it was terrible. Upon arrival, it smelled terrible. (Damp, moldy) Someone came and sprayed some freshener which did nothing to help the damp moldy smell. There were loose hairs all over the bathroom floor and tub. There was a revolting stain on the bedskirt closest to the bathroom. (dried vommit) and the desk chair had a huge stain of ??????? and I could not use it. You could not walk on the carpet without your shoes. Did I just get a bad room? I am not that picky. The entire staff was so friendly and nice. I can't believe housekeeping could be so bad. It is obvious that housekeeping is lacking-- as these things could not have gone un-noticed. I was planning on staying 3 nights, but left after 1. I will add pictures of the filth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find out why New Tampa is the 'Place To Be' The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is closest in New Tampa to Busch Gardens and University of South Florida (USF). This beautiful Hotel & Suites is located in the pristine 'New Tampa' area of Tampa and is easy to get to at I-75 exit 270. The hotel is close to everything; yet it is nestled in a peaceful nature preserve area. New Tampa is exciting, clean, fresh and new with over 15 restaurants and 5 golf courses. From the hotel you can walk to the new 20 screen movie theater, restaurants and shopping.This Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is recognized as having one of the best guest service ratings of any hotel in the country. It features a heated outdoor pool with lushly landscaped grounds, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, wireless access in public areas, a business center, fitness center and the hotel s own putting green. The 27 suites also include a wet bar and 47" TV's. Executive suites & presidential suites feature Jacuzzi tubs, glass enclosed showers and multiple TV sets. This is the closest Express in New Tampa to Busch Gardens, USF-University of South Florida, DTCC, T-Mobile, USAA, Verizon, Coca-Cola, Achieve Global, Washington Mutual, JLM Industries, Telecom Park, Hidden River, Highwoods Preserve, Museum of Science & Industry, Moffitt Cancer Center and more. Pets under 35lbs are allowed in a limited number of guest rooms with a $50 deep clean fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa