Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here because of reviews and convenient position to north of Tampa, and very pleased we did so. The hotel is great - spacious clean rooms, well equipped, good location and easy to find. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and we particularly liked all the extra - a drink to take to your room, ice-cream in the lobby. The breakfast was really good, much better than the hot food offerings in similar hotels, tasty and hot. The other offerings are also good - nice muffins, fruit as well as plain breads, etc Strongly recommend - a model of how hotels should be!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetotravel1954
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Honored Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We love it when we are able to provide a great stay to folks who've travelled all the way "across the pond" to visit Tampa. Thanks also, for your compliments about the free breakfast buffet - I will be sure to share them with the pantry team.

We wish you more happy travels look forward to serving you again on your next trip.

-George Sandona, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express North Tampa is by far the best of the brand. If IHG was looking to build their brand and image around a model this is the location to select. For the last two years, I have traveled to this location and held meetings within the conference areas. I would have groups of 6 through 16, and at no time did I have a complaint or issue. From check in to check out, you will be taken care of with kid gloves. George the GM, offers his personal cell phone number to all guests, and requests calls if there is ever an issue. A true pleasure to work with George and his entire staff. My business travel has ended; however, I will go back for vacations. The team makes you feel like family, so make yourself at home and enjoy!! There is even a putting green!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Matt H
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Matt,

Your compliments and recommendation are sincerely appreciated. It is a pleasure to provide a successful training environment. Our team takes pride making the trainees feel like family.

We will miss your arrivals for business, but will be honored to serve your family for your trips to Florida.

Wishing you success in your new position,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the reviews on this site and was so glad that I did. It's not the nearest to Busch Gardens but it's an easy journey, close to the Interstate and it's definitely the best!

The levels of service are everything that has been said. In addition the hotel is immaculate and the rooms spacious with comfortable beds.

The breakfast is self serve and fairly basic but when we had a couple of requests, they were dealt with immediately and when my husband was allergic to an item on the menu, we were brought an alternative immediately.

A lot of the facilities are available in other hotels but the difference here is that you don't have to ask for anything - it is all offered or provided.

When we arrived early for check in just to drop off our cases, we were given a room. We were told all about the services on offer, we were given a local map, we were offered complimentary water, drinks and ice cream, we were advised about a discount at the local restaurant and given the WiFi password as a matter of course.

If you need a hotel for holidays or business, stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PracticalReviews2013
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Practical,

It is always great to hear from travellers who appreciate so many of the unnoticed details in our service and amenities. I am very proud of the team that served you so well.

Thank you very much for finding our hotel and for taking the time to recommend us to others.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Wishing you more Happy Travels!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Picked this place for a 2 night stay while visiting Bush Gardens and could confirm all the kudos given on TA, the place seems to be new, very clean, I mean really clean with no smells of anything on the room. Very comfortable beds, modern and well maintained bathroom, nice furniture and a 44in TV with plenty of HD channels, including some that usually you don't get for free on other more expensive places. Service was very professional and on point, no complaints. There's lots of restaurant options around, groceries stores, pharmacies, etc...very convenient and only 15 min away from Bush Gardens and 20 min from Tampa downtown. I'd definitely stay there again. I've stayed in other larger and more luxurious HiE overseas, however for US standards this one is on my top list.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LBDelray

Dear LB,

Thank you so much for the great compliments! I am always glad when the attention we have put in to room design, cleanliness & amenities is noticed by you, our guest.

It is an honor to be compared with your other favorite hotels, and to be your favorite Express in the US!

Our team is happy that we made your grade.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recommend this specific hotel to others. It is conviently located just off I-75 yet not close enough to hear traffic. We were greater at front desk with a smile and were offered a beverage (beer or water) and was told about the 8pm-10pm free ice cream and breakfast hours in the morning. Our room felt a tad musty when we arrived however once the air began it was perfectly fine. Room was very clean and bed was extremely comfortable. We had a partial view of the pool in room #427, King Size bed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cait,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travellers. We work hard to be the best at serving teams, and I am glad it shows. I invite you to return with the kids for a Busch Gardens weekend sometime soon. We have great package offers!

I hope the team is having a winning season and will be with us again for the next tournament.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We, a group of 50 individuals, were housed, rented meeting room space, and got catering from this wonderful hotel. The staff was great and helpful, they catered to the groups needs, etc. I truly recommend speeding time here, not only do they have great accommodations (i.e. the rooms, shuttles available, meeting space, food) but the staff is wonderful and ready to help. Our group often has large meeting all over the nation and thus far this has been one of the best experiences.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nadia S

Dear Nadia,

Thank you for pointing out all the great things about our Meetings & Events services. Our hard-working team often gets overlooked for the great service they provide to meeting professionals and organizations.

I am glad that we had to opprtunity to impress your group and invite you to come back for another meeting, or for some rest & relaxation.

Thanks again for staying, and meeting, with us!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We booked this HIE due to its prominence on TA. Trust me: there's nothing amazing at all about this place. The staff is nice and friendly for sure, but that's pretty much normative. The sink in the bathroom didn't drain properly. The TV controlller needed a new battery and you needed a PhD in engineering (my husband has a Master's) to get the blasted thing to the channel you wanted. The room was the ubiquitous HIE room. The breakfast a tad batter, but only a tad. They had two 8 slice toasters and the bagels were a better quality than usual but still formerly frozen. They did serve ice cream sandwiches at 8pm which was nice. But, the place was pricey and way way out of any Tampa sights and the city itself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rojersey
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Ro,

Thank you for choosing our hotel! We appreciate you candid insights and will use them to improve. I apologize with the problem you had with the television - through our normal processes, this has been corrected.

We hope that you will travel our way and give us another opportunity to make your stay in Tampa a great one.

Again, thank for your thoughtful review.