New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Ridgewood, NJ
“This is my Tampa hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I used to live in Tampa Palms, so this is the hotel that I always use when I come back to Tampa to visit friends. It is off Bruce B. Downs so it is quiet, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Check-in was quick, I was told I was being given a complimentary fridge (I love having a fridge in my room) and we were given a room on the 1st floor so I didn't need to wait for elevators. The fridge was not in the room when we arrived but after a phone call to the front desk, it quickly arrived. When I wanted to use the fitness room and my key card didn't work, a visit to the front desk to let them know and they immediately got someone up to the fitness room to let me in and then fix the lock. I'll always return to this hotel when I visit New Tampa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my husband picked this hotel based off my TripAdvisor app. We had spent the day at Busch Gardens and needed a place to sleep before heading to Fort Lauderdale the next morning. When we arrived, Judy at the front desk (I think that was her name?) was AMAZINGLY welcoming. We were offered cold drinks and an efficient check-in process! Our room was spotless with a comfortable bed. We did not get to use the pool because it was horribly rainy out, but it looked really nice. When we were trying to decide where to eat dinner, Judy let us look through the huge book of restaurants at the front desk and gave her own suggestions too. We chose to eat at Wood Fired Pizza (it was great!). The next morning we slept in too late to get breakfast, but the other front desk lady recommended First Watch on our way out of town, another great pick. Thanks for the clean, quiet place to stay before we had to drive a few more hours the next morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Hotel has a great friendly staff!
Willing to go above the usual. We had booked through Busch Gardens and they put us in a normal double room for a week, we told the manager we needed a fridge....And She up- graded us to a Suitte at no charge. WOW ,.it was very nice. The hot breakfast was good to head out for our Day full of energy.
Stay here if your headed to the Tampa Bay Area.

• Stayed July 2013
Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We got away for a little post baby get away! We enjoyed our stay here great staff. Good free breakfast and ice cream treats each night! My husband and I enjoyed a nice quiet lounge by the pool. We also enjoyed the nice comfy bed and catching up on our sleep!

• Stayed July 2013
Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love staying here. George Sandona, the manager, is wonderful! He is so serious about making your stay enjoyable, he has his cell number posted in the elevators to call ANYTIME there is an issue. The staff are so kind and courteous and helpful. I am part of a quilting group that meets about 5 times a year for a 3-day weekend of sewing and friendship. We had tried several other hotels before this Holiday Inn Express and decided to keep coming back here. The beds are the best I have ever slept on, even better than my one at home! The breakfast is amazing every day. But the staff cannot be beat. I recommend this hotel for anyone, from singles to families!!

Room Tip: They are ALL good. The beds are amazing! The first floor on the east end is an entrance from the par...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eileen Sands R
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is not bad but they are in full construction mode; the lobby is closed; the halls are a mess and while they are in the process of such a big job, they should have closed. I would simply select another option while this remodeling is being done.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
6 Thank TWGeorge
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear TW,

I am so sorry to hear that our remodeling was disruptive to your stay. We have worked very hard to limit guest exposure, but I understand that the lobby remodel was impossible to ignore during certain parts of the process.

I am happy to let you know that this phase will be complete by the end of the week and we will resume operations in a newly designed upscale environment in just a few more days. The process was challenging but I promise that the upgrades will be worth coming back for.

Please contact me directly if I can assist you with a special offer to return and see the final product on your next trip.

Wishing you happy & safe travels,
George Sandona, General Manager
Ithaca, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms were just beautiful and spotless, even though the hotel lobby was undergoing renovations. I was given a fourth floor junior suite, a free upgrade that I did not even request! I felt completely pampered. Free ice cream in the evening, extensive tv satellite channels, incredible and friendly service, a great breakfast.... I did not use the pool, but enjoyed the exercise room. You will love your stay here. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It was one of the highlights of my trip and definitely the best or second best stay I have ever had. (The Sanibel Residence Inn is also wonderful.) For your next vacation, pamper yourself with a stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Tampa I-75. You'll hate to leave!

Room Tip: The fourth floor was quiet and restful, but I assume that all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo