“GREAT FOR BUSINESS OR PLEASURE”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #6 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We live in small town Florida and sometimes go to Tampa to enjoy dining and shopping. Not familiar with this particular area, the staff couldn't do enough to help us find interesting things to do and places to dine. Rooms are comfortable. Nice gardens and pool. Even welcome beverage upon arrival; choice of water or beer. Ice cream in the lobby at night. One caution though. The hotel is about to undergo a 1 million dollar renovation; so call before booking in the next 6 months.

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the pool and where you won't hear elevator noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara M
georgeathisuites, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Peri,

Thanks for the great compliments regarding the service and the additional free amenities. In reference to the renovation, we want to make sure that every guest knows that they can count on us to make their stay great.

**Our guests will never be assigned to a floor where work is underway.
**Our pool and fitness room are complete and will always be in service.
**Our great free breakfast will be served in a beautiful banquet room.
**Wifi upgrades & our 100+ Channel TV package are complete.

I look forward to the opportunity to make every vacation and every business stay as enjoyable during this process, as it would be any other time.

George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Comfortable bed. Excellent service. Really know how to take care of the guest to make us feel special. Really enjoyed our stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Lots of restaurants nearby and mall. So you will find what you need in the area

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sportz2
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Let me start by saying that I travel 100 nights per year and have been for the past ten years. I stay at Marriotts, Hiltons, Sheratons and Boutique Hotels. I have never seen a hotel's employees always bringing their A game. I was so impressed by this that I am writing my first hotel review ever! Every employee I came into contact with was OUTSTANDING! Every employee I saw would smile and acknowledge me each time they saw me. Wanda from housekeeping asked me how my day was while I was in the elevator with her. In every hotel that I normally stay, the housekeepers won't look at me, let alone engage in pleasant conversation. Every desk clerk was great and never seemed bothered to answer my questions. I have to give extra recognition to Mark. He took care of scanning that I needed completed all while registering other customers, answering the phones and answering questions of others. He remained calm, professional and concerned with each customer's request. Breakfast was better than what I have had at other Holiday Inn Express' or Hampton Inn. Nicole was OUTSTANDING! Oh and, George, the manager, was at breakfast talking to the customers asking for feedback on each person's stay. I've NEVER seen this. The room is what you would expect at Holiday Inn Express. Nothing more, nothing less.
I was in town visiting family. When I return to Tampa again, this is where I will be staying.

2  Thank Bill A
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because:
1. Rated # 1 by tripadvisor
2. 5 minutes away from family that I was visiting.
3. Priority hotel rewards.

Hotel was everything tripadvisor said it was:

1. Great Location, right off main highways, theater and restaurants near by, easy to find.
2. Staff super friendly and helpful. They offer you a drink at check-in, water or beer and ice cream in the evening. Nice Touch!
3. Super clean propery inside and out, Rooms immaculately cleaned.
4. Nice breakfast, very well stocked and maintened at all times, stayed 6 days and never seen it run out of food.
5. Great beds, didn't have any problems sleeping.
6. Felt very safe in the area, well lite.
7. Nice pool.
8. Nice decor.
9. Small fitness area but typical for these properties.
Great stay, definately will return.

Room Tip: Didn't have any problems with location of room.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

we stayed at this hotel after visiting Busch Gardens - the hotel was excellent value, clean with excellent facilities - but what set it apart from most other hotels was the staff - they were warm and welcoming and could not do enough to make your stay as comfortable as possible - one on best hotels we have stayed in

1  Thank susanm398513
Reviewed April 16, 2013

From check-in with Mark and Judy to check- out with Lois our experience at this Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites was exceptionally positive.
The room could not have been more comfortable or better equipped for our every need. Breakfast was all we could have wanted including a warm and welcoming greeting from Nicole (who made certain that everyone in the dining room had all that they needed) and the General Manager, George (who made certain that everyone in the dining room had been satisfied with their entire stay). We will both recommend this location and revisit it.
The Hightowers

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a nice stay here I'm sorry we left. I'm convinced this is the best value in Tampa I've looked hi and lo. The rooms were spacious place was immaculately clean. The only thing I didn't like that the pools were cold and no outdoor hot tub. However they did have one in the executive suite but that's not what I was looking for. Allin all if I ever return to Tampa I would stay here hands down!