Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Marriott Hotels
$179
$136
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$85
$72
Travelocity
All reviewsfree ice creambusch gardensice cream at nightmovie theater across the streetfront deskpresidential suitepancake machinethe general managerrecommend this hotelhotel is locatedyogurtincluded breakfastthe hotel is cleanminute driveeach morningcomfortable staybush gardens
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (3 adults/2 children) stayed here over Spring Break. We had a great time in Tampa. It is not far from Busch Gardens or Clearwater. We had a presidential suite (2 bedrooms and pull out couch). The only downfall was it had only one bathroom. That was partly our fault because we just assumed it had two bathrooms. But, other than that it was a great place to stay!

The boys enjoyed the pool at night...it's heated and lovely! The breakfast was nice and changed a bit from day to day. The workout room was well stocked (just make sure you turn the air conditioner down when you start or you might sweat a ton like I did)! The staff was friendly and were all very helpful. If you need anything just let them know and they will get it!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a presidential suite, but could hear the traffic on the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Workin2gether
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My son chose this hotel based on feedback seen on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 3 nights and couldn't have asked for a better experience. This hotel is in a perfect location, close to Busch Gardens, George Steinbrenner Field and other area attractions without it being in the middle of Tampa chaos. Restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance. The hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating - the hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The breakfast each morning was an added bonus. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. The housekeeping staff did a good job overall, but did not do an adequate job of vaccuming and dusting. The Wifi was so weak that we had to use our own hot spot. We asked for a quiet room location but was given a room overlooking the swimming pool. The breakfast overall was good except they keep putting stale biscuits out nearly every morning. They must cook them once a week. I probably would not stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Moore405,

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for your great feedback! I am sorry that the Wifi was moving slowly, but please know that my staff is here 24/7 to resolve issues on the spot.

You have given us some areas that we can further improve and we sincerely thank you!

-George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My son and I just returned from 4 nights in Tampa watching winter baseball. I chose this hotel because it was central to the baseball parks and it received great reviews on trip advisor. It was very obvious to me that each and every staff member truly cared about making our stay complete. I have to say that Judy at the front desk was so helpful. Her cheerful and helpful attitude was very much appreciated. What hotel offers a complimentay drink at check-Inn? To go down for a very complete all-included breakfast at 8:30am and then return 45 minutes later to a totally cleaned up, madeup room was quite impressive. This is a hotel that pays attention to details; Truly hospitable. It was a refreshing reminder about what customer service really means!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Willmy5
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel through Busch Gardens...as we were planning on visiting the park...so we were on their site. We stayed four days...three nights....and had a 14 day pass to Busch Gardens. Our room had a king-sized bed...and was extremely comfortable.
This was a wonderful hotel. We were greeted at the check in desk...and offered a beverage..water, beer, or something else. I have NEVER had this happen before. Each and every one of the desk staff were polite and efficient!
Our room was wonderful....the breakfast area was top-notch...and the people who staff the breakfast area work really hard to keep the area clean...and all food fully stocked. Of all the places that we stayed on this recent Florida trip...this Holiday Inn had the best breakfast!
At 8:00 pm....they would roll out a freezer with ice cream novelties. This was a real treat...especially after coming back from all the walking at Busch Gardens!
We met the manager in the breakfast area. He stopped by and asked us how our experience was. In addition, he had posted a "letter" in the elevators stating that they wanted their guests experience to be a 10...and to please contact him if we had any concerns. In other words...they wanted to make your experience the best it could be...while you were there....we never had to contact him for anything...as our total experience was just perfect!
There were a variety of restaurants close to the hotel...and it was convenient to hop on the road and drive to Busch Gardens (no shuttle from this hotel...as it is a little far)
I noticed a "vase" of umbrellas by the door...for guests to use, if necessary...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple