Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfree ice creambusch gardensice cream at nightmovie theater across the streetfront deskpresidential suitepancake machinethe general managerrecommend this hotelhotel is locatedyogurtincluded breakfastthe hotel is cleanminute driveeach morningcomfortable staybush gardens
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Tampa for personal business. Three other downtown hotels were suggested for location and convenience to our meetings, but we decided to stay at this hotel because of other traveler's reviews. The customer service was excellent, and each employee wore a smile and made an effort to ensure we had everything we needed for a great stay. Convenient location to major freeways, variety of dining choices nearby, and a comfortable night's sleep make this our choice for future visits. We were not disappointed! ps The ice cream treat in the evening tops off the day perfectly!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

To say the least this hotel was clean, with nice rooms and the best customer service that I have ever gotten. The whole staff was just too nice Jennifer, Hannah, the two girls that setup breakfast and the General Manager George were just lovely. These are just the names I remember but everyone was nice. The free breakfast was quite good, too.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive suite and it was very nice.
1  Thank Yvette T
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently arrived from a long weekend at this hotel. I was greated by the warth and friendliness of Hanna and the manager (forgot name but she had beautiful blue eyes). The entire staff including the lovely breakfast staff ladies were so accomidating and willing to go the extra mile for us. I was told that one girl had just started that same day. You couldn't even tell. The lovely maintenance gentleman said goodmonring to us every time he would see us. This is not usually seen in hotels anymore. The suite was spotless. Ample towels and toiletries were provided. The room was very comfortable as well. Large and spacious. Great location directly off I-75. Safe family neighborhood abut 8 miles from Busch Gardens. We had complementary coffee all day, water on arrival, and ice cream at night. There are several restaurants with-in walking distance. The movies is next door and a great mall with nightly entertainment just down the street. The breakfast is a big step above a complementary continental breakfast. Each day it changes. We were visited my the genteral manager (Gorge). So lovely. He spoke a very long time with him. Makes you feel right at home. I will only stay at this hotle when I come to Tampa. I know when you read these reviews at staff meeting you cheer for eachother when your name is mentioned. So, go ahead and cheer for all of you. Great job!

Room Tip: Breakfast changes every day. Mall down the street has nightly activities.
2  Thank Lizzymiami
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We selected this hotel due to its convenient proximity to I-75, the brand and the high rating by TripAdvisor. Based upon the ratings, we came expecting a very good stay. We were pleasantly surprised in many respects.

The property is just off Bruce Downs Blvd which runs directly into I-75. Despite the proximity to major roads, the neighborhood is quiet. It is bordered by a residential area and nature reserve. Numerous retail shops, drug stores, restaurants and movie theater are within walking distance with no need to get on the Boulevard during your stay. The property itself was very quiet. We did not hear anything during the night.

The hotel was in excellent condition and seemed to be almost newly constructed. Our room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bed's mattress was quite comfortable and comparable to ours at home. The free breakfast buffet had a wide range of choices including scrambled eggs and sausage. A free newspaper is provided, too.

Our excellent experience started at check-in where Hannah greeted us in a very friendly way as we entered and offered us either a beer or cold bottled water. We asked her for recommendations for dinner which she made. Upon our return from dinner, she recognized us quickly coming in the door and asked how our meal was. Based upon our experience with the rest of the staff that we interacted with, it is evident that they are focused on satisfying there customers in a way that is beyond the norm.

If this is not enough to provide a great recommendation, we have more. We realized after checking out and at our next stop, that we had left our tablet behind. The housekeeping staff had found it a turned it into the office. Before we could call, we already had a phone message at home from Hannah letting us know that it had been found and was in their office. She offered to mail it to us, but we preferred to pick it up on our return through Tampa so we could thank the staff, which we did.

We were fortunate to having stayed with people of high character, superior service and sincere customer appreciation. We will certainly stay with them again if we have an opportunity!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ed T
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was probably one of the best hotels in terms of service I have ever stayed at. Every staff member I had an encounter with was EXTREMELY friendly and always asked how my stay was and if I needed anything else.

The room was super clean and nice (what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express). The TV was a modern flat screen around 32-40 inches and TV in the Bathroom !!!

The breakfast was delicious On our last day there the general manager came through the breakfast area and stopped to ask how were doing, how our stay was going and if he could get us anything.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff makes the experience well worth staying here!

2  Thank Jeff C