We stayed here for 2 nights. It was #1 for Tampa, so we knew it'd be a safe choice - and it was. It's hard to be disappointed but at the same time, don't expect to be bowled over by anything other than great service (and the service was good!)
Judy on the front desk was awesome - very friendly, and the beer on arrival was a nice touch.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the location was pretty good - restaurants across the street, and a movie theatre the next building over.
My problem was just that this is a little expensive. The rate was $115 + tax for a pre-paid. What did I get for the rate? An average room for Florida - clean and functional, but nothing fancy. The breakfast was lacklustre - bacon was greasy and chewy, items were renewed slowly, and there was either bacon or sausage available on different days -- never both together. I expected a full hot breakfast but what I got was something that fell short of Denny's.
Things like the welcome drink on arrival and the free ice cream sandwich served in the lobby at the evening are nice touches, but that's all they are. What did they cost the hotel, maybe $1-2 a piece? This was a $79 hotel at best. A beer and an ice cream doesn't warrant a $40/night overage!
I suppose I may have given this 4/5, but I transferred to a local apartment for $65/night with 2 beds + 2 baths on VRBO, and the place was exceptional... so that made realize just how much we were overpaying here.
Nice stay, but nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find out why New Tampa is the 'Place To Be' The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is closest in New Tampa to Busch Gardens and University of South Florida (USF). This beautiful Hotel & Suites is located in the pristine 'New Tampa' area of Tampa and is easy to get to at I-75 exit 270. The hotel is close to everything; yet it is nestled in a peaceful nature preserve area. New Tampa is exciting, clean, fresh and new with over 15 restaurants and 5 golf courses. From the hotel you can walk to the new 20 screen movie theater, restaurants and shopping.This Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is recognized as having one of the best guest service ratings of any hotel in the country. It features a heated outdoor pool with lushly landscaped grounds, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, wireless access in public areas, a business center, fitness center and the hotel s own putting green. The 27 suites also include a wet bar and 47" TV's. Executive suites & presidential suites feature Jacuzzi tubs, glass enclosed showers and multiple TV sets. This is the closest Express in New Tampa to Busch Gardens, USF-University of South Florida, DTCC, T-Mobile, USAA, Verizon, Coca-Cola, Achieve Global, Washington Mutual, JLM Industries, Telecom Park, Hidden River, Highwoods Preserve, Museum of Science & Industry, Moffitt Cancer Center and more. Pets under 35lbs are allowed in a limited number of guest rooms with a $50 deep clean fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa