Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Bonita Springs, Florida
“The best staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed with this hotel for two years in a row. My daughters college softball team stays here for Tampa area tournaments.

The staff are great - really friendly and helpful. You get a beer or other cold drink when you check in and ice cream is free every night. The breakfast is great and well staffed.

This is a gem of a stay because of the high quality management and staff.

i will be back, with the team and parents, again in March 2013.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Al Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Indialantic, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I really like this hotel! This was my first stay. I was first in a room that was musty but they changed it. The customer service exceeded my wildest expectations. They gave me goody bags at my arrival. It had snacks in in. Every night they had ice cream for guests. I only had it once but it was a nice gesture. The manager asked me how I was doing. The breakfast was pretty nice for a complimentary breakfast. There were very kind. I travelled on business with my family and I would come back to this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The third floor seemed nicer than the fourth.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Frances S
Jacksonville,FL
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a work trip. When I got to room it had a slight musky smell but once the air turned on it was fine. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. They do have an ice cream bar in the evenings which is something I have never seen before. This hotel is a step above and make the guest feel welcomed.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank cazippe
Monticello, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2012

When I booked this hotel I did so quickly, just scanning for the best available rate. My work area changed and I called a week ahead to cancel and was told I had that cancellation of "best rate" resulted in a forfeiture of my "deposit" (which was the total night's stay). I lost all of my money. Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Look for a hotel with straightforward policies.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank HappyTraveler32344
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Happy Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback!

By way of explanation, Advance Purchase options are available at our hotel, and throughout the travel industry, to provide a discount to those who are willing to forego cancellation privileges to receive the best available discount. Our hotel and brand website will always offer rates programs with a flexible cancellation policy alongside the non-refundable rate programs.

We are very sorry for your experience, however, but we need your help to research it further. Please contact me by calling the Hotel Front Desk at (813) 615-4509.

Wishing you more Happy Travels,
George Sandona, General Manager
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for two nights whilst on business. I stay in an awful lot of hotels with work and can't ever recall receiving better, friendlier & more helpful service than I received here.
The staff are a delight & the manager is a genuine gentleman.
To give an example: I needed a taxi for a short journey to a business meeting - the manager didn't call us a taxi, he drove us himself! Nothing ever seemed too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel extremely highly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dave F
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here in August for 3 nights and our entire experience was wonderful! All of the traveler's reviews are right on target! Upon check in, all of the ladies at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. They gave us a choice of bottles of water or beer for free at check in and told me about the free ice cream that they offer in the evenings which my kids loved! This hotel is very clean, the pool is very clean and big and the breakfast is great too! The ladie did a great job each morning setting up the breakfast for everyone and she was constantly restocking items so there was always plenty of food. She even gave us a large bag of crackers to take with us when we went to the beach which was so nice. The cleaning staff was helpful and fulfilled any requests we had and they do a great job. The staff gave my kids small toys and treated them like family. My kids and I loved it here and it is located near many stores and restaurants and it is right off I-75 to go to the beach or Busch Gardens. We loved our stay at this hotel! Thank you to the entire staff for all they did and we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was great and was on the top floor! We did not hear any noise outside our room at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy W
Mumbles, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here in between 2 days at Busch Gardens and it exceeded our expectations. We arrived late (post 10pm) expecting to just use the hotel as a place to rest up before another busy day at the parks an were really impressed by the free ice-creams and beers that we were offered at check in. It is small differences like this, and the general friendliness of the staff, that stand out in your mind and that you will remember long after stays in other chain hotels have faded from the memory. Thanks a great stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family