“One of the BEST experiences I have ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“One of the BEST experiences I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

The customer service at this hotel was some of the best I have ever experienced anywhere, right from the moment we walked in the door to check in. We had made reservations at this hotel for a friend's wedding over the phone, which was very easy and pleasant. They let us upgrade our room once we got there and offered us complimentary beer on check-in. I was in heaven! I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of stay, whether you are looking for a block of rooms or just one. All of the staff that we had contact with were wonderful, friendly, and beyond helpful. They even gave me an iPhone charger when I forgot mine. They really brought customer service to a whole new level. They have earned 6 stars in my book, and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The presidential sweet was worth every penny! Complimentary beer/water provided on check in.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shauna S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business. Hotel was very clean, including the bathrooms, which I am super picky about. All the staff very friendly, in genuine way. Free breakfast was better than most. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank P2Pro
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

The check in staff was nice, the room was nice & luckily while I was there all the people in near by rooms weren't loud. The beds were nice, the towels were clean. If the kind of person who wants to work out, they have a gym, and offer hot breakfast. They also offer a heated pool. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't looking for a cheap stay, and want something cleaner, nicer and a better place to stay than a cheap motel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gwynndela
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Just finished my complimentary refreshment.-it's ice-cream night for guests here!

Those things are just nice extras really, but every aspect of this hotel gets it right.
I can see vacuum marks on the carpet. Everything feels VERY clean, and actually is clean. Hotel parking lot and common areas feel safe.

THIS is what I hope for every time I stay at a hotel on business.

Most importantly, there is no evidence whatsoever of bedbugs.
( I comment on this for every hotel review- it's the first thing I look for)

Room Tip: Priority Guest Member- you don't need a bunch of points to be treated extra nice though!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Stfnee
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

This hotel does the simple things very well. Good customer service, well kept clean rooms, good breakfasts, ample on-site car parking, and is excellent value for money. We had a 2 queen room that wasn't anything fancy, but was well sized and accommodated our family of 4 in comfort at a very reasonable rate of $252 for two nights including breakfast. Would be my hotel of choice when next in Tampa.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Aussietez
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I am traveling with a group of 12 associates and we collectively agreed that we would take a moment out of our meeting today to send a thank you to Ritchie and Judy for excellent customer service. We stayed at the hotel on 10/18 and 10/19 and received GREAT service. When we arrived, they offered us refreshments, when we came back to the hotel after our long day of meetings, they were smiling and greeted us like old friends. Before dinner we decided to have a couple of drinks by the pool. Ritchie brought us a bucket of ice, a bottle of wine and a fruit and cheese tray. We all agreed that we had never received such fine service and attention to detail. Thanks so much for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Leslie C
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

The room was great the staff were very nice and the pool clean.
location was close to everything. everyone was very helpful
and that was nice. I enjoy the stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo