New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean Rooms, Clean Common areas, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Great place, clean, friendly staff, Clean efficient breakfast area, late check out available and convenient to I-75. Good restaurants nearby. Stayed here twice in less than a week. They remembered me! Again, very clean rooms and common areas. These folks get it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Judy Plant was awesome! It's because of her that we would come back and stay at your hotel. The hotel was very nice too, but the friendliness, making us feel like family, like we were at home is all Judy! Thanks for such a wonderful few days.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We booked this hotel through a Busch Gardens package deal. This was an awesome hotel from check in to check out. The free beer upon arrival (late) Thursday night was just what was needed after 4 hours on I-75. The only problem encountered was the cab took an HOUR AND A HALF to get to the hotel Friday when we were setting off to go to Busch Gardens. There is no shuttle service and parking is $20 at the park. I called the front desk apporx 15 ~ 20 minutes before we were ready to leave. We were trying to get to the pasrk early to avoid the lines for the roller coasters but ended up sitting in the lobby for over an hour. They have a deal with some guy (Cola? Colo?) instead of just calling a larger company. The staff was very understanding and paid the tab for the ride over. Over all I was very satisfied with the room and the staff. Would definatly come again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Less than 10 minutes from Busch Gardens, basically on one straight road. Rooms are everything you would expect with very comfy beds. The staff make the hotel special and number one rated.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

3 friends and I spent a weekend here for a scrapbook retreat held by Scrappendipity Retreats. We can't wait until we can come back to enjoy another one! We came from the Orlando area and the hotel was conveniently located right off I-75 and surrounded by lots of dining and shopping options. Our scrapbooking accommodations were in a large room on the first floor of the hotel and it was so nice to be able to run up to our room, put on our pjs, and head back down to the scrapbooking room to craft to our hearts content! Scrapbooking was available around the clock. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and our rooms were comfortable and so reasonably priced. The 4 of us shared 2 rooms and we each had a comfortable Queen size bed. Breakfast was provided (though we slept late both days and missed it) but based on our companions experience, there was a nice selection of breakfast foods available-hot and cold. I would not hesitate to book another retreat at this hotel and hope to do so in the near future!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My 6 year old godchild and I stayed at this hotel during a trip Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. The hotel was clean and the staff knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel is located about 7 miles from the parks, about 20 min on surface streets. Housekeeping missed a few spots on the first day, but a comment to the front desk fixed the issue. This is a child friendly hotel, and you should expect to see lots of small children at breakfast. The breakfast is generous and varied. When we were here they also offered free ice cream in the evenings. This was a huge success with my 6 year old companion. The hotel staff is very helpful providing park and area information, and appear to have a close relationship with Busch Gardens. I would return to this hotel on a future trip.
Our room was a spacious 2 queen bed room. There was no mini fridge or microwave, but they do have in room coffee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

A newish hotel about 30 minutes from Tampa airport (going north on I-75). We had a lovely suite for a very nice price. Used it as a stopover after flying from London and onward to Miami Beach. 'Judy' in reception very helpful. And they gave a good recommendation for a meal nearby at night - The Stonehouse Grill. My only reservation was the buffet breakfast with polystyrene crockery and plastic knives and forks.Think that is taking 'running on a budget; a bit too far.

Room Tip: Take a suite - twice the size and a fraction more in cost