“Great food, great prices!”
Review of Queen of Sheeba

Queen of Sheeba
Ranked #348 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I had never had Ethiopian food prior to this visit so I was pleasantly surprised. The service was good with a very casually, relaxed atmosphere. The food was delicious and the prices were very low. If you have never had Ethiopian food or even if you had it a thousand times, you should definitely check this place out!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This place was fun and a great choice for a party with vegetarians, meat eaters, and gluten free diners. Coffee was delicious, dessert was good--would definitely go again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I LOVE this place.

This love affair started a couple years ago when I went with a large group of people and we ordered shared platters. None of us had been to an Ethiopian restaurant before, and the waitress was very friendly and inviting. She explained the concept of injera and showed us how to eat with our hands.

Following this, I visited the restaurant a couple of times and continued to enjoy the food - but noticed the service lacking. It took quite long for everything. Because of the lacking service, it was not one of my top choices for eating out.

HOWEVER! I recently went back with a group of people, and the service was remarkably improved. The food was great, as usual. We had someone celebrating a birthday, and they brought us out a special dessert for the celebration. They checked in often with us, explained the menu, made suggestions, and made accommodations for diet restrictions. We did phone ahead to make reservations since we were going in a group, also to ask about diet restrictions, and all our needs were taken care of.

This restaurant is a great experience. I strongly recommend it. I ordered the chicken tibs for my entree, and everyone at the table loved it. It was definitely a strong favourite. For the dessert we had a simple fried dough, with some honey and powdered sugar. It was AMAZING.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I went with a large group of friends for dinner. We were given a comfortable and spacious table. There was a delay in us getting menus because they appeared to have only three copies of the menu. Once we had all had a chance to read the menu some of us ordered a shared platter and others ordered individual dinners. I ordered a vegetarian sampler and loved the choices. Some of the selections were saltier, some were more savory. It was a nice variety. I ordered the gluten free injera (the bread that the food is served on and that is used as a utensil) which cost a reasonable 2 more dollars. The injera I received was cold, I suppose it was refrigerated? It would have been better warm but the flavor was mild and pleasant. One we had all finished dinner it took nearly 20 minutes to pay. I couldn't understand why it took so long to get our checks. So consider that potential delay when you are planning your visit. Otherwise our dinner was pleasant, the server was polite and helpful, and the food was very good.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited the restaurant with a friend from Ethiopia who loves the food here. We had the combo platter so we were able to enjoy several different dishes. What a treat. The service is a little slow but it was a Monday night and they weren't expecting so many customers.

Been to Queen of Sheeba? Share your experiences!