Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
Review Highlights
Interesting but Very Small

The museum itself is on the second floor of the building and only covers part of two floors. The... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2019
louisf777
Tampa, Florida
Off the Beaten Riverwalk!

While walking on Tampa's Riverwalk, we decided to walk through the Downtown area and by accident... read more

Reviewed September 23, 2018
Josue C
New Haven, Connecticut

Recommended experiences in and around Tampa
from $28.00
from $29.99
from $29.99
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews exhibits change on display entrance fee galleries photographs artists architecture inspiration topic geographic chuck culture landmark visual membership florida riverwalk
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2018

The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is a hidden jewel in the Tampa, Fl. scene. It is a must see. The staff is warm, welcoming and extremely accommodating. They are also very knowledgable about the museum as well as the surrounding areas. It is worth the visit for their warm welcome.
The museum itself is intimate, beautifully situated and honors the photographers it highlights. It was a joy to wander through the galleries.
I will return again and again to experience the ever changing exhibits.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Extremely nice woman greeted us and went to a lot of trouble to determine if our other museum memberships would provide free admission. A small museum on two floors of an office building, the three exhibits were interesting and well-displayed. As the exhibits change, we will go back often!

Date of experience: June 2018
FMoPA_Manager, Manager at Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Tony,

Thank you for your kind words! Our exhibition change about every 3-4 months in the larger galleries and then every month or so in the Community Gallery. Hope to see you again soon!

The FMoPA Team

Reviewed May 13, 2018

The place should not be paying. Arranged on two floors of narrow offices and corridors (see photos) does not allow you to have a correct distance to look at the exposed photos. If the external architecture of the building is superb, the collection of the FMPA left us stunned (see photos).

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank Pixelia
FMoPA_Manager, Manager at Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to FMoPA. We try our best to exhibit photography in our unique setup in the Cube. I hope you will consider joining us for a free artist talk or exhibition opening on the Fourth Friday of every month!

The FMoPA Team

Reviewed January 16, 2018

This museum resides on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the Cube building in downtown Tampa. Not a big museum. I believe we were here about an hour viewing the permanent exhibit plus the visiting exhibit of Cuba in black and white. So enjoyed the old pictures of Cuba plus the varied pictures of Tampa over the ages. It was a bit hot the day we went and I have to say I was uncomfortable. This was my first time here so I'm not sure if this is the norm.

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. It was a bit odd for me to park here and figure out my way inside. I did figure it out but I was totally confused. I was wondering if I would find my car after my visit. I did manage to locate it quickly. Nice afternoon.

They do have classes here and events which I would like to participate in.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank susant771
FMoPA_Manager, Manager at Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Thank you for the kind review and rating! Hope to see you again soon at FMoPA for another exhibition or a photography class.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

If you are a photographer, this place is a must. But the frustration level to find it is very high. It took us two tries to find the front access door. Not signs or directions. Even the localised asked didn't know where the place was. They have very int e resting changing exhibitions.

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank rsmolens1043
FMoPA_Manager, Manager at Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thank you for your kind review! We are working with management to approve better signage for the building, but are grateful for your feedback on this matter. Looking forward to seeing you again soon at FMoPA!