“A Rip off”

Add it.
The Murder Mystery Company in Tampa
Ranked #11 of 15 Concerts & Shows in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Rip off”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Absolutely terrible food and way over priced- even at a discount. Show was confusing and not very entertaining- only 2 "actors" -the rest audience members struggling to play a part; they wanted $20 for pictures and also charged a $9 per person tip on top of it all! Don't make the same mistake we did.

8 Thank DoctorLJ

NJ
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Location Confusion”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The website was unclear that the event was being held at the Empress tea room. The address confused us since we were looking for a place called murder mystery co. We called the phone number on the website but noone answered. The number of the the tea room was NOT provided. We ended up being late and we seated in the far corner away from the central area. My seat had my back to the central area. These were unsatisfactory seats since I paid for gold circle seating. We left feeling hungry. The event required more participation than we expected. We don't understand how chloroform on a napkin killed the great magician. Chloroform just knocks a person out. So it was possible that he wasn't even dead. Overall this event was our least favorite activity on our trip.

Visited January 2013
6 Thank CatMommyNj
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The drama was interesting but the food was average.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We were told that if we provided our email then we would be sent info on the pictures taken during the play. Still havent received the notification of the pictures. There was also an added gratuity that we did not like. Food was average.

4 Thank Godspeed2u
Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“BAD SHOW, BAD FOOD.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I actually want to give them 0 star..I went there for dinner yesterday because I bought the "discount" from living social, that's $29 for a 3-courses dinner. But the money you will be pay is way more than that.. Let's see how I got into the trap..First, the location is hard to find, I think they rent a tea house? or something seems to be cloesd very soon..Once you get inside, you will be asked to take welcome photos..Beaware..Those photos will costs you $20 at the end(for just 2 DAMN photos). And the room is quite small, and you will be seating with someone else in a same small table. The food is terrible, I mean, they set their regular price of food for $60, but as I see, the food is just as cheap as any fast food. Don't think that you will not pay anthing for the dinner. Actually, at the end they will give a check with the amount of money they have already caculated, they said that's should be the tips. Which is $9 for one person. And overall for this damn dinner, you will pay around $48 per person for a terrible show and dinner..

Visited November 2012
13 Thank Allenran
Dade City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Be a dete ctive!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Murder Mystery held in Tampa at the Empress Tea Room was a fun evening. I dressed in my Roaring 20's garb and was fortunate enough to be chosen as an actress in the mystery. Several audience members were asked to participate, then after we were given clues from the actors, each table worked together to solve the murder. The mingling of all the guests was great fun! The only negative for the evening was the food; the salad was fine, brownie dessert was OK, but the entree was not good. Otherwise we would be returning very soon.

Visited June 2012