“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #76 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Staff was extremely accommodating. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. On the negative side, there seemed to be a "musty" smell coming from the room air conditioner. Breakfast selection was fine. Great value for the money and would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at this property for the last ten years. While there are many other hotels/inns in the Tampa area to choose from, we find this LQ meets our needs in every way. The staff is caring, friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is convenient to hospitals, malls, the airport and of course great restaurants. We have a Tempur-pedic adjustable mattress' at home ... the beds at La Quinta Inn Tampa South are every bit as comfortable so we don't even miss our beds when we are away from :-)..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stay have stayed and will continue to stay at Laquinta for 50-100 nights per year over the past 15 years. This location is in desperate need of air conditioning maintainence/replacement. I never complain and maybe once or twice through the years I have requested room changes, but Monday night July 2, 2012 I was forced to move to 4 different rooms. By the way the person on duty was as nice as could be and mentioned several guests had requested and been relocated from room 116. The a/c air handeling unit in the corridor ceiling was so loud I thought a wash machine on the floor above me was out of balance causing all of the shaking, vibration, and noise. The desk person told me she had observed the windows in room 116 vibrating.

I was then moved to room 302 at the other end of the building and as I walked down the hallway i coluld here the thru wall unit at the end of the corridor roaring. I then enter the room (we are talkin close to midnight after having driven 240 miles Monday and attended meetings in Ft Myers and St Pete) and the units in room 302 was unacceptably loud, as verified by the very nice LaQuinta emplyee. I was then relocated to a third room which had no operational air conditing and then finally to room 316 again which had no a/c running, but she turned it on and stated the room should be cooled down in about 30 minutes. At his point I was so tired I would have tried to sleep in the lobby.

These thru wall units with control switches on the units are outdated and most every place I have stayed recently have a thermostat. It is my opinion that this facility is the worst maintained LaQuinta I have ever stayed at and I will go out of my way to not stay there again. If Laquinta has any type of inspection program this facitity need to be evaluated and corrected.

Needless to say I virtually had no sleep that evening and was not rested nor sharp for meetings in Tampa, Port Charlotte, and my eventual return home July 3rd for the holiday.

I did want to commend the emloyee who was extremely professional thur this uncomfortable situation.

Dvaid Austin