“Great front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Great front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at that this Extended Stay for 17 nights while relocating to Tampa for a new job. I was very happy with the level of customer service provided by the front desk. The staff was always available, friendly, and very willing and able to help. The studio room I stayed in was adequate – a passable size for one person, though it would be tight for two people. Overall, it was clean and comfortable. My only minor complaint about my stay was the level of noise from other guests. Obviously, the hotel cannot be blamed for the number of drunk, inconsiderate people that would roam the halls yelling and bickering during early morning hours. If anything, the hotel staff should be commended for addressing these issues when they occurred, and helping as best they could to remind other guests to be quiet. Other positive points about this hotel – the location is in a safe area and very convenient for accessing major highways, malls, and restaurants. The free “grab n go” breakfast was appreciated – having instant access to fresh coffee and fruit made getting up to go to work in the morning the slightest bit easier. In general, this hotel is as decent as it advertises itself – it’s best quality probably being the wonderful staff that assists at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GWARnachos
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing a great experience for you. We appreciate you letting us know about the guest noise issue and we apologize for the disturbance. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to remedy the issue when they occurred. Also, it is great to now that the hotel amenities and hotel location met your needs.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future and congratulation on your new job opportunity.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good front desk service, rooms as promised except.....mine had more of a musty odor than it should have even in florida, especially the bathroom, otherwise pretty clean....weird locaiton but near the airport. Would love to hear mgmt comment about Brennen432 experience

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Paul - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the friendliness of our front desk staff. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot and we are cheap and like expect for our money. This hotel is very nice. Great little kitchen. The bathroom is clean and tidy without any cracks or wear. The room was great.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our amenities. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our honeymoon in Florida because we liked that it was affordable and close to the airport. The rooms appeared clean and well kept, although we noticed a musty/stale odour when we walked in. Unfortunately, our experience was not a pleasant one at this hotel. While taking a nap it felt like something was biting me. I brushed it off and didn't think much of it, my husband said he had the same thing. Upon getting up and using the washroom, I noticed bites all over my backside. There was obviously something in the bed biting me! I'm not sure what it was, and I won't speculate. Thankfully, the staff was helpful and immediately returned our money when we told them the problem and how unhappy we were.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Brenner432
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to make sure it is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tws@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My expectations were not really high, but this was not too bad. The rooms were clean, but had a slight smoky odor to it. There was not much too it and everything was low end, but the price was good. The reason we stayed here was that it was just down the street (within walking distance) to Cigar City Brewing and was in a perfect location if you plan on drinking your fair share of Jai Alai and don't want to drive or pay for a cab. For the location and price I could see myself staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your room had a slight smoke odor. Still, we are happy to know that we provided you with a great room at a great rate.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Located in perfect area around TONS of shopping GREAT Restaurants,clean, friendly hotel. Got a early check in and the room was nice, cool, and smoke-free. If you're into adult entertainment, there's alot around. Stayed 5days, Everything was convieniently located within 1 1/2 of hotel. Really cool brewery within walking distance, Whole Foods, Total Wine, Target. Just great for a simple trip. Will be back

Room Tip: 2nd floor east side room. Plenty of sun in room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Charlotte T
Charlotte - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such amazing things about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was a great benefit to you. As well, that you enjoyed being able to check-in early to your clean, comfortable room.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel was really nice and quiet. The lobby and interior hallways were nice and up-kept with decent modern furniture and such. The room with the kitchenette was nice, roomy and actually had a nice feel and smell. As far as location (which in my opinion is prime) you are near the airport, a nice mall and not too far away from either downtown Tampa or St. Petersburg. One thing that we did worry about was that the hotel's main entrance wasn't secured (with card-key) after-hours. The Grab-and-Go breakfast was okay and would suffice as long as a cup of coffee, maybe a granola bar, cup of cereal or piece of fruit works for you. But overall I'd recommend this hotel and would possibly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank kenneththomasjr
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our prime location and our updated room amenities. We strive to provide great rooms at great rates to all of our guests, so it is very rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

Thank you again for your kind words and for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.