“Review the headliner before you go!”

Side Splitters Comedy Club
Ranked #4 of 14 Concerts & Shows in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Side Splitters Comedy Club has been Tampa Bay's premier comedy showplace since 1992. We have live comedy shows with nationally touring headliners each week Thursday - Sunday. We offer food, a full bar, and all our shows are now non-smoking. Please keep us in mind for your date night, birthday party, or upcoming fundraiser.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I didn't, and got a filthy-mouthed, fat black lady talking about getting shot, doing drugs and other illegal stuff. The 2 warm-up acts were funny and mostly clean, and the servers were polite. Next time I'll research the headline act before I go!

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We frequent side splitters and its great for date might, party of friends and everything in between. Call ahead and ask if there are
Specials or sign up for their emails. I always get free tickets. I've seen no names comedians that were hysterical there, and big names that weren't. Comedy is a grab bag but its always a great time. Usually the place is packed but it's a nice very dark setting. Go, laugh, have fun, bring lots of friends and have an after party at your house.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I like comedy clubs. Over the years I've seen some really funny people. So, when a friend celebrated his retirement at Side Splitters last Friday, I was eager for a good laugh. WRONG!!! The host was awful and the warm up act was just so-so. I'd heard good things about the headliner, but instead almost walked out. The first 15 minutes of his routine dealt with the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman affair. This is NOT a subject matter for jokes. That was a tragedy. One man died and another might as well have. He then proceeded to finish his hour or so with very average material along with the liberal use of the MF word. I'm not a prude. I've heard it before and expected to hear blue language in a comedy club, but after a while, the repetition just became boring. I won't be back for a long while.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Second visit to this place. Won't comment on the acts as they vary and some are good and some bad. First visit was a fairly good experience second visit was not. hence an average rating. Facility is fairly clean, seating comfortable and good vision. 2 drink minimum at about an average of $8 a pop. If you want your drink on the rocks it is a dollar extra! Over prices bar food available.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was a fun night out - place made great drinks! Comedians were very very funny! We would go back here