“Lionel Ritchie Concert June 2014”

The MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre
Ranked #53 of 196 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Outdoor Concert Music Venue
Orlando, Florida
“Lionel Ritchie Concert June 2014”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My first time to attend a concert here and I have lived in FL many years. I was skeptical at first with all the negative comments on this amphitheater.... but my experience exceeded my expectations. I have a medical condition that requires me to bring along a specific medicated water... the people at the gate accommodated my request without any problems. Parking is excellent if you go there early and ahead of time. I did not walk that many miles to reach the amphitheater and on that day of the concert was raining cats and dogs. The amphitheater itself is mind blowing. The seats are so comfortable and even there are many people who goes in and out in your row, there is enough room to maneuver. Crowd behaved as can be but many officers are within walking distance to keep the place safe and pleasing to all spectators. With this kind of concert which is packed, I was afraid to use the ladies room. But once again, the line went fast, the bathrooms and very clean and people managing the bathroom made sure that all needed "accessories" are available ( toilet papers, paper towels etc.) and they are polite too . Unfortunately we did not buy any drinks or food in the vendors but even though I heard they are expensive....everyone I see have beer cups in their hands. We are seated in the W section and we can hear the magnificent voice of Lionel very well. Audio is not the best but keep in mind....this is an outside concert.
I sure will recommend this place and I will come back again in the future.

Visited June 2014

Columbus, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Venue!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went to see the Dave Matthews Band concert on July 16th and were very pleased with the experience. Seats were in the left rear section and although we needed binos to really get a good look, the sound was absolutely spot on. Seating was comfortable and we didn't feel squeezed in at all. There were plenty of food and drink vendors. We recommend the taco truck, where we nabbed a couple of for a decent price. They have one craft beer vendor, where I was able to get a draft Cigar City Jai Alai (love that beer!) for $11. OK, it's pricey, but I expected it. The only mistake we made was buying a couple of gin and tonics - $34 because we asked for Bombay (or was it Tanquerey? ). That was the only downside of the night.

Tips: Buy a VIP parking pass in advance, it's worth the $29. The ampitheater is located on the site of a fairgrounds, and non-reserved parking is quite a walk away from the venue. Tailgating is permitted (we didn't know that), so you can set up a canopy, a grill and a bunch of chairs and party away before the concert (plus, it's highlyadvisable to get there early - we arrived two and a half hours before concert time and traffic was already starting to get heavy). We left before the concert was actually over and escaped the traffic going out (that was a hard decision, but since we're not from Tampa, we thought it best). The VIP parking is conveniently situated near an exit from the fairgrounds, so getting out was a breeze (getting in was a little more convoluted, but it was still daylight, and there were lots of parking attendants to guide you through). We found the parking attendants to be helpful and friendly.

2 Thank R P
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Horrible Concert Venue”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is by far the worst concert venue I've ever been to and it seems to get worse each time. From the moment you try to park to the moment you try to leave the parking lot, it was brutal. The workers were rude and not very helpful, the parking strategy is horrible at best with no direction from any of the workers, the drinks and food are extremely overpriced, and if a gust of wind comes through the venue...the concert sound disappears.

If you're used to these kind of venues and are someone who enjoys lawn seats, then this is your place. I'd rather be in an arena or indoor venue. Concert-goers today are so used to being a mile away from the performer that they have to watch the whole show on a video screen.

There is nothing around the venue for food before/after the show. There is a run-down Wing House across the street and the casino is a couple of miles away but that's about it so plan accordingly.

1 Thank Tim C
Philadelphia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great outdoor concert venue!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went to see Dave Matthews Band and were really surprised it was such a nice concert venue. The location is at the Florida Fairgrounds, near hotels and the Hard Rock Casino so it was convenient to get there and get a meal first at Hard Rock Cafe. We were pleased to see that the layout for all the seats and even the lawn were great. There were tons of vendors for beer, wine and cocktails. We had great seats in VIP section and they even offered drink order & delivery in our section. Great venue for a fun concert! Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank emnhenrysmom
Gray, Tennessee
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A pleasant experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went to see Lionel Richie at the amphitheater in July. We had never been to that venue so we didn't know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised. We took the trip as a special deal through our timeshare so it was VIP seating and lounge access. Our box seats had plenty of room for dancin' in the aisle but the lounge was crowded and the food was mediocre. We paid $11.00 for two ginger ales!

I took umbrellas and bug spray, since it's an outdoor venue and not knowing anything about it, I wanted to be prepared. We didn't need either. We enjoyed the show and the amphitheater itself seemed to be a good place for a concert experience. That Lionel Richie, he's smooth!