You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway
Ranked #80 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not So Hot”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is an older property and the wear and tear shows. The wallpaper in my bathroom had split (water damage ?) and was moldy. There was also hair in the bathtub. Bedding was rather flimsy and the old style air conditioner (not digital) did not work well. You could also hear the noise from the airport. Breakfast was decent, although the breakfast area was small. The fitness room had three machines (bike, treadmill, elliptical) that were very very old. Best thing about this place is the Boston's restaurant around the corner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear EconMom,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over all issues you had during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for a 3 week span starting March 3rd-22nd..The nicest staff especially Michelle and Daisy were there to answer all of my questions and take care of my needs.. Room was very nice and clean... Good breakfast every morning....The General Manager was Christy and she was there to take care of everything...Just a great hotel and I highly recommend this property to anyone...great location close to mall and restuarants and high corporate area.....thanks guys for a great stay....

Room Tip: stayed on 1st floor all 3 weeks.. very close to breakfast area and work out room....no noise problem...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the past five nights and found my room and the hotel to be of above average quality. The room I stayed in was on the first floor directly across from the workout room. At first I was concerned there might be more noise because of this but it turned out not to be an issue. the workout room has 5 pieces of equipment available to use along with tv's for viewing, towels and water. There is a breakfast area in the lobby area which has more than adequate food both hot and cold available each morning starting at 6:30AM. There is coffee, hot water for tea,juices and milk to get you day going. I had a queen size bed which was quite comfortable. The room has a half wall splitting the living and sleeping areas. There was a couch and well lighted desk area (probably my only beef is there was not enough power outlets available for chargers, laptops, etc) There is wired/wireless Internet available which was ok...I ended up using my own wifi hotspot as it was more reliable. There is a small cabinet near the bathroom containing a microwave,mini fridge and sink. Overall my stay was pleasant and trouble free. I can easily recommend this location and would stay here again when in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall, the hotel is in good shape. The staff are friendly. The rooms and hallways are clean. The problem I had with it, is the same that I have with all Holiday Inn's, the beds are uncomfortable and the pillows are lumpy. Also, the room had a weird smell. It was something in the cleaning solution they used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Scott G,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cabo San Lucas, MX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have great experiences when I travel and normally rate hotels/restaurants a high score. Not this one. II would definitely choose another hotel next time. I was under the impression when I booked it that it was a fairly new hotel. That being said, if it's new then the hotel should not have a mold problem. I was given a non-smoking room and when I entered the room, immediately the smell greeted me at the door. It was a moldy/mildew smell with a hint of cigarette smoke. I called down to the front desk to ask to be moved and the line was busy for about 5 minutes. I assessed it would be quicker for me to go to the front desk myself. It was a very late check in and I was unnerved to have to walk down to make the changes (then of course go back up to retrieve my things). The only room that I was given as a choice was on the first floor next to the elevator, across from the breakfast/tv area and around the corner from the front desk. Basically a noisy location. I was exhausted and just wanted sleep, so I took the room and was happy that it didn't stink. The location is near to a movie theater, and several restaurants. Only about 2 miles from a main street with more eating options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank harmonyyogacabo
Forest City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently spent 13 nights in this hotel while working in the Tampa FL area. Overall, this is a great hotel. The first thing I want to brag about there is the housekeeping services. I travel all the time and it is rare to spend a lot of time in any hotel and not have housekeeping complaints somewhere along the way. I was completely satisfied with the services I was provided and never had the first complaint. All staff in this hotel were friendly and provided great service. There were only two complaints that I had while there. I had a fridge in my room which put out the most horrible smell. I had to hold my breath when I walked by it, upon entering the room. I reported it and the next day they had someone pull it out and clean behind and under it, which reduced the smell for a day, but then it returned. I bought baking soda to try to get rid of the smell, but the smell was not inside the fridge. I bought candles and burnt them daily just to be able to live with the smell. Also, the fridge froze all the drinks. The other thing that I did not like was they did not have CNN Headline News on the TV there...the channel listing in the room included it and I asked about it and was told it should be available, but it never was available the entire time I spent there. Great location for that side of Tampa, as was not very crowded but close by to numerous resturants, a huge cinema and a nice mall! Would return again if I was assured a room without that horrible fridge odor!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leigh-Anna B
Tamarac, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The accomodations were large, the bed comfortable, the large flat screen TV with HBO and cable were great, the free breakfast was very good, and the staff were friendly. The rooms are in need of refurbishment and the entire inside of the hotel needs a paint job. The bathroom in my room was not very well cleaned, but the rest of the room was neat and tidy. The free breakfast bar was better than I expected, there were the typical yogurt, milk, juice, pastries, bread, fruit, cerealand milk as well as several hot items, including scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and their famous cinnamon rolls. Overall a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Comfort Suites near Raymond James Stadium
Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
Ramada Tampa Airport Westshore

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway? Share your experiences!