“If you are in the mood for grease served with a side of grease ..”

PJ Dolan's Irish Pub & Grille
Ranked #1,006 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Normally I am pretty generous with my ratings but that place doesn't even deserve a star. It's far from Irish food. I went with a larger party and we decided to order a bunch of appetizers and entrees to share. Everything was processed food covered in grease, eating at McDonalds would have been healthier. Not sure if our stomachs didn't agree with the pounds of grease or if something was bad but seven of us got sick from this place! This place needs to be shut down. There are way better true Irish pubs in the area and there beer menu is nothing special plenty of places have all of these on tap! If you are in the mood for grease served with a side of grease than this is your place. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! This food is so far from edible!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I love trying new restaurants and I was very excited to be going with a group of 15 friends. We all ordered a bunch of appetizers and entrees to share, so I got a taste of everything on the menu. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY Just go buy some vegetable oil and put a straw in it! Most of us got sick after "enjoying" what was the worst rendition of "Irish food". While the setting is mediocre at best, to me there are much better Irish pubs in the area that are more authentic and cheaper! DON'T EAT HERE YOUR STOMACH AND WALLET WILL PAY. The service was horrible, maybe because we were a larger party but we found ourselves with empty glasses all night. There are tons of other bars and restaurants that carry all these beers on tap so I don't see what the fuse is over the beer menu either! I wish I could give this place less stars. I am normally really generous with my ratings on this site but I can't help but wonder how this place even stays open!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

One of the rare places where I've found Kilkenny on tap! Amazing ambiance streetscape of old Ireland, a menu with so many things I want to try, outside seating (although a bit weathered and a quick sweep wouldn't hurt it), a large bar area, and separate dining... will be heading back often!

2  Thank FLGabe
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went back to PJ's again and was warmly met by the manager and the owner. I've gotten hooked on the Corned Beef and Cabbage and made a special trip for my craving. Food was fine and since my last review they have done extensive cleaning of the place and all those problems are now over.

2  Thank npappas129
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The title say it all. Not really anything more needs to be said, but I will. The Irish egg rolls were interesting, the scotch eggs were very good, and the sandwiches we ordered were both grilled perfectly.

Been to PJ Dolan's Irish Pub & Grille? Share your experiences!