“First time customer”
Review of Kahwa Cafe

Kahwa Cafe
Ranked #10 of 75 Coffee & Tea in Tampa
Reviewed January 20, 2017

Spent a nice winter day (well ... it was 80F. and sunny on this Jan. 20th) walking around downtown Tampa with my wife and stopped in here for the first time ever. Seldom am I able to find decaf coffee with such richness as I did at Kahwa. Also, the chocolate chip cookie was excellent.

Friendly staff behind the counter, indoor and outdoor seating.

Will return often. Seriously ... this is GREAT coffee.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank bob k

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

I don't often veer away from my GoTo (SBUX) but had no choice and this is a really nice find if you're a visitor and don't already know how good this is.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

Kahwa has excellent coffee. It's in a perfect location for needing a pick me up before taking the kiddo to Glazer's. I had a cappuccino and it was fantastic, while my wife had some sort of coffee...not exactly sure which kind it was but it was very good.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed March 26, 2016

It is hard to compare the coffee from Kahwa and a place like Starbucks. Kahwa is 1000% better. Friendly staff also.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Soccermike1015
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Their coffee is pretty good most definitely better than Starbucks but in my opinion it's not that difficult to beat Starbucks coffee. The place has a really cool interior and is most spacious although it lacks a cozy intimate feeling you get from a more closed space. I would generally describe it as a very clinical, sterile atmosphere .

You can find this Kahwa in the building adjoining the "beer can" and it's the same locale as the Photography museum (AKA the River Gate Tower).

They also serve food at this location and have what I can best describe as small bites (sandwiches, salads, wraps and bowls).

Date of visit: October 2015

Been to Kahwa Cafe? Share your experiences!