“Basic but not bad for budget travel”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Tampa - Airport West
Ranked #115 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stayed here for 3 months (during the weekdays) while commuting for business. The rooms are basic but clean. They only clean the room once a week unless you pay more; a few weeks the cleaning lady "missed" my room cleaning. You can always get clean towels at the front desk. Some of the other guests are very sketchy, so beware of that. I've been told by some locals (Including a police officer) this isn't the best place to stay, but nobody ever bothered me and I stayed here alone as a single female.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank KAF32082

Reviewed December 29, 2010

The hotel is right for the price. Rooms are non-smoking and are equipped with stove, microwave, dishes, pots, and refrig! Room could use a little repair but other then that nights were quiet and room was comfortable!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank 1LilBit66
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We were in Tampa on family business; I almost didn't make reservations due to negative reviews I had read. Our experience was very positive: We had room at back: very quiet; clean, comfortable. Weekly room service not a problem, since you can exchange your towels at office anytime. Excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ajoyce7
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I like this property and have stayed here previously. It's very clean, the management is above average, and it's convenient to restaurants, the airport, and all the things in west Tampa.

Admittedly it's a little off the beaten path; although it's on a major street, it is set back from the road and no highway noise was heard from my room, which was about midway in the building. The parking is free, and much of it is shaded by large oak trees.

There is a Golden Corral buffet restaurant adjacent, which I walked to, and there are other restaurants nearby as well. The kitchen was quite serviceable and I prepared and ate some meals in. A coffee maker was included.

My room was a bit small, containing a double bed with nightstand, dining table with two chairs, and a dresser with a TV on top. The bathroom was spacious, however, with a walk-in shower (instead of a bathtub). I remembered from my last trip to bring a small bathroom rug; no bathmats are included in the linens. The kitchen was in an alcove between the bedroom and bathroom.

Internet service is not available in all rooms; it's availability varies by location. After checking in, I discovered my room was out of range of a wireless signal but the front desk staff was cooperative in telling me which alternate rooms were available and I walked to each with my laptop to choose one with a serviceable signal. Later in the week I saw others apparently doing the same thing.

Although the property was nearly sold out during my week long stay, I never heard any guest noise other than the occasional closing of a door. The rooms on the third floor had been recently renovated and renovation was occurring on one end of the first floor, which created some construction noise during the day. There was no construction at night and the project is probably completed by now.

One strong positive about the property is the management. The front desk staff were helpful, courteous, and appear to do an excellent job at keeping this property safe and running smoothly.

I will stay here again when I next visit Tampa.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank sldkjf2
Reviewed December 14, 2008

The room was small but Very nice bring a pillow.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jcool14
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I am still residing at the Suburban and still extremely happy here. The staff is exceptional and I have not had the first problem since I moved in on October. In reference to the above Sheriff's visit, I am sure every hotel has had a guest who has had a little too much liquid encouragement (alcohol) and got a little loud. It was an isolated incident and the first to occur since October. Nothing to be concerned about. Suburban Security was on the scene immediately and the Sheriff response time was also immediate. As a single female security supervisor I can tell you that you will have no worries enjoying The Suburban. Your comfort Always comes first here.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank puttikat
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Stayed in room 121 toward the back, end unit. Good value for $67/night. Quiet, 2 double beds were comfy, had sink, fridge, microwave, 2-burner stove and some pans and plates, 1 closet, adequate bathroom. Room was clean and basic, bring your own kleenex. Was fine for one night, might get a little claustrophobic with 2 or more people for several nights, depending on how cozy you like to be. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family