“Good Value”

Hibachi Chinese Buffet
Ranked #1,639 of 2,504 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Spacious and comfortable dining with nice new quality furnishings.

The fresh sushi bar was of supermarket quality.

Not well promoted is the custom grill service. Pick your favorite raw ingredients, and
the sushi maker makes you a stir fry on a flat top. They have three sauces to choose
from; teriyaki, Hibachi and brown sauce. The cook, like many of the employees, could
speak no English so was unable to explain the ingredients of the Hibachi or brown
sauce, and they were not posted anywhere.

If you like deep fat fried, there is a large selection. Like most buffets, some items
were good, some not so good, so best to pick out small samples your first time around.
Besides the custom grill, the best items were the BBQ pork spare ribs and the steamed
shrimp. Some items were not warm, and the roast beef was so tough you couldn't put a
fork into it, much less carve off a slice.

They have a generous fruit section, and many deserts to choose from.

The soup bowls are not by the soup, and the crab crackers were across the restaurant
from the crabs.

You get one decent paper napkin with your silverware, and if you eat finger food, the
napkins at the table were incredibly small and thin, and hard to get out of the

The server would come and ask to take away plates we were eating off of, then ignore us
when we had plates that needed to be removed, so we put them on the empty table next to

The rest room was clean, but there were no paper towels.

All in all, a good value. Although the quality was not consistent, there was enough to
choose from to make a good meal. Everyone in our party was happy with the food.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I wanted to try it, since our regular buffet (Super Asian) has gone down so badly. Depressing place. Sushi fell apart and sushi maker was extremely rude. I asked for a side of eel sauce and spicy mayo, I think he growled at me. Buffet food was typical, except they had to much fried fare.
When we arrived the smudged fingerprints on the greasy front doors were a clue, I thought no for a minute- then we said well how bad could it be? Handwritten colorful signs (looking like large post it notes) announcing 7.50 lb for crab legs dine in or take out gave a cheap appeal also. So no crab legs on a Friday night?
The area behind the hibachi and the sushi was cluttered and gave an impression of being unsanitary .
We ate very little. Bill was 23.00. Server was very efficient.

1  Thank Shelli F
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have met the manager a few weeks ago in a different restaurant in Tampa. He told us about this one that was to open soon.

We were there for dinner the day it opened. They had plenty of food but I liked the crabs the best. They were fresh, not too salty, and they had lots of them.

The service was okay. I asked for low sodium soy sauce and they told me that they had it by the sushi bar. I did not find it. The waitress did not offer to get it for us. Reluctantly, my husband and I used the regular Kikkoman soy sauce. It did not taste like the Kikkoman soy sauce that we were used to. It was watered down!

I came back over a week after that initial visit. This time, it was at lunch time.
I looked for fried shrimp and they did not have it. They said it was only at dinner. I was disappointed with lunch. The serivce was not as good as my first visit.

The price for the dinner buffet was a bit high for buffet in this area.

I may give it another try in a few months.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Right now mon- sat lunch starting at 11 am is only $7.99. Great price and food is great